Thread: anyone found a deal on a real 8gig stick?

yenracer is offline -Hacks Member

just wondering if anyone's been scouting out for some good deals on them. it might take forever for the prices to drop on those 8 gig sticks. those 4 gig sticks are getting cheper. i found a good price on one of them at frys for 30 (lexar). just wondering? thanks all:D

http://dealnews.com/search.html?sear...ro+duo&x=0&y=0

it might of expired

Rbman is offline -Hacks Smarty

well you said you saw the 4gb at frys, so I'm sure you've seen the 8gb at frys for 150 bucks if not here it is:
    http://shop1.outpost.com/product/513...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I'd say this is the best price you'll find, which isn't bad. I got my 4gb when they were still like 120 bucks so I won't mind spending 150 on an 8gb, I'll probably get one at the end of summer because I don't need it right now

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

Yeah. Buy one at walmart for around $200, do the slit - swap and you've bagged yourself an 8GB stick for the price of whatever you just swapped it with.

You aren't going to get a good deal on the 8 GB otherwise.

soutthpaw is offline -Hacks Newbie

I just bought one of the 4gb lexar s at the frys in burbank, ca and it works fine on the PSP with 3.40 OE_A $39+tax

sean7341 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

If you swap the memory cards, won't the wal-mart employees notice the 1gig stick in 8gig packaging?

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TA-082_User
    Yeah. Buy one at walmart for around $200, do the slit - swap and you've bagged yourself an 8GB stick for the price of whatever you just swapped it with.

man i heard of this and i believe it might work too... im tempted to test it out on my 2 sony crap sticks for practice or something first

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by drmadcow
    Quote Originally Posted by TA-082_User

man i heard of this and i believe it might work too... im tempted to test it out on my 2 sony crap sticks for practice or something first
    Done it already. And yeah. Test out your smaller ms's first. And for the guy above drmadcow they won't notice it because well use fucking common sense plz.