Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IR Keyboard PSP Application Compatibility List

Gargantula is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yellow = A new program added to the list since the last edit

I have recently purchased an IR keyboard (Targus Universal Wireless Keyboard) and decided to compile a list of the PSP compatible programs that support the IR keyboard. I decided to share it with everyone, since I do not think this exists in the PSP Hacks forums. Please help by telling me if any other homebrew application supports it (Small description, download link(s) and version number) and if I am wrong on any currently listed below.

The programs with IR keyboard support should work automatically when a IR keyboard is used as long as the setup is correct. Check the documentation with the software.

The program piKey allows anyone to use the keyboard in the Internet browser and XMB, though right now I have a bug where it selects the wrong letters unless I change the text mode by pressing select to the regular "a".

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________

Tutorial on installing the piKey keyboard driver on the PSP (Taken from the user guide in the zip file and edited a bit):

piKey runs best as a plugin for Dark_AleX's custom firmwares, although it can also be run standalone by homebrew that needs to use keyboard input.

The easiest way to install it is to use the installer that comes in the release package.

1. First, extract the zip file this version of piKey was distributed in.
    2. Now copy the MS_ROOT contents over to the root of your PSP's memory stick
    3. Go to the games menu on your PSP and run the homebrew named piKey installer.
    4. The installer will ask you if you wish piKey to auto run in 1.50 game mode. This is required to use piKey in most homebrew, and is believed to be completely safe, but it does involve writing data to flash0, so it is recommended only if you understand the risks of modifying flash0.
    5. Once this installer has copied the files to the correct places on your PSP, restart and go into the recovery menu and then the plugins submenu.
    6. Ensure pikey.prx is enabled in vsh and game mode!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________

Link to ZX-81's Web Site — Creator of the IR keyboard source code

piKey (Version 0.3) — A keyboard driver to allow the IR keyboard to be used anywhere on the PSP, games, homebrews, the XMB, etc…
    Download

DOSBox (Version 1.07.2007) — DOS Emulator. I assume it supports IR keyboards since the readme says, "keyboard mode can be toggled with ltrig+rtrig+down+select"
    Download

PSPoste (Version 6.1) — Email client
    Download for 1.5 — Download for OE or M33 — Download source code

AFKIM (Version 3.2.1) — IM chat supporting AIM, ICQ, MSN, GTalk, and Yahoo!
    Download

PSP-PDA (Version 1.3.1) — Personal organizer
    Download

Portable VNC (Version 1.2.6) — Allows the user to connect to their PC through the PSP
    Download

PSPXTI (Version 1.2.0) — TI-92 calculator emulator
    Download

PSPSSH (Version 1.0.7) — SSH2 Client

PSPIRC (Version 1.0.1) — IRC Client

PSPWrite (Version 1.0.1) — Text Editor
    Download for 1.5 — Download for OE or M33 — [http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1316]Download source code[/url]

PlayStation Portable (Thick Version) - Version 3.90 M33-2

I will now highlight the new programs that have been added to the list with the color yellow.

drifterz28 is offline -Hacks Newbie

can you give a quick tut on how to set up the keyboard?

I added a tutorial now, but I did not write it. The developers of piKey did.

drifterz28 is offline -Hacks Newbie

damn this sucks. i did all of that and i cant get my KB to work? any clue? its a belkin wireless keyboard F8u1500

In what program or mode are you trying to make the keyboard work?

TheKrimzonGhost is offline -Hacks Neophyte

WOW! great Tut props...uh i have one question does any of this work on M33 FWs?

-TKG
    -TKG

Aures is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

New: PSP Write
    A Zen Buddhist sage condensed the wisdom of all worlds to one teaching; it said: \"No-one gives a shite about your firmware version!!! God damn n00bs!!!1!!11.\"

Quote Originally Posted by TheKrimzonGhost
    WOW! great Tut props...uh i have one question does any of this work on M33 FWs?

-TKG
    I do not know, but it should. I am still on an OE version.

Thanks Aures, for noting the new program.

TheKrimzonGhost is offline -Hacks Neophyte

ok I got all of the homebrew mentioned here to work with the targus keyboard on m33 3.71-2.....with the exception of the xmb and internet browser on pikey...So the question is what do I need to do? If any one has any ideas please leave some input...the only thing I can think of is somthing may be different with kernal mode in m33 3.71-2 that may be prohibiting xmb and browser functions when using pikey.

-TKG
    -TKG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast