Thread: Where to get a good faceplate?

burrito is offline -Hacks Ninja

I am looking for a black faceplate, with a finish that doesn't collect fingerprints and shit. But I want the faceplate to look good, and have the SONY logo, PSP logo, and Playstation logo.
    I've seen a psp on ebay with an unofficial clear faceplate, and the PSP logos, but the seller wont reply when I asked where to get the kind I want.
    Does anyone know where I can get one?

Nobody cares about your PSP\'s firmware history.

freebeer187 is offline -Hacks Ninja

First the faceplates that have the plastic without fingerprints are no good. They are cheap aftermarket.
    Second if you want one with the actual sony logo on it, you will be buying one from china because they are the only ones who can get away with copyright infrigment like that. And china faceplates are no good. They say that they make faceplates without the gloss because to actually make that nice gloss like oem sony faceplates do is very difficult. It is much easier to make a faceplate with lower quality plastic and when they do that they claim "There will be no fingerprints!" Wich btw is a just a big bag of hot air. Usually when they say that it means its a cheap aftermarket faceplate.

burrito is offline -Hacks Ninja

Thanks for the reply. Can some other people post their opinions?

btw, psps (including the oem faceplates) are made in China
    Nobody cares about your PSP\'s firmware history.

CUST0M is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well I ordered a silver faceplate without all the logos on it and it looks fine to me. But everything truebeer has said is as close you can get to the truth. If you want an orginal PSP black faceplate, try www.llama.com, although I think it is a little more expensive compared to the after market ones.

Oh and I ordered my faceplate from www.decalgirl.com. I have no complaints except for the fact that my DPAD wasn't working properly and the faceplate won't entirely cover up some small gaps here and there. But a quick fix and a lot of patience should get rid of that.

lusid is offline -Hacks Newbie

Try consolezombie. I just bought one from them, and I'm pretty happy with it.