Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sony is lying to it's faithful users!

Vaughan14 is offline -Hacks Guru

Source 1

Quote Originally Posted by Sony
    You can download the latest PSP system software version to take full advantage of all PSP has to offer.

In order to get the most out of your PSP, you should ensure that you are running the latest version of the PSP system software.

You can see what version of the system software your PSP is running by going to [Settings] and selecting [System Settings]. Then, select System Information to view the current system software version.
    Somehow this isn't right..

With the 3.51 Update, Link to Update Source here:http://uk.playstation.com/help-suppo...es-(ver-3-51)/
    All it says they have added is security, and they just ramble on about crap after that..

Quote Originally Posted by Sony
    An update to the PSP system software was made available on June 29, 2007. With this update, the system software is version 3.51. Features updated in system software update 3.51 include:

Security

* A patch has been added to address security vulnerability in the system software.

Note:

* PSP systems with system software version 2.80 or earlier do not correctly recognise high-capacity Memory Stick PRO Duo with more than 4GB of free (recordable) memory space.
    * This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
    * The new system software will automatically preserve any settings previously made to the PSP system (such as the Parental Control level)
    * Do not use data other than official update data acquired through our company's server
    * Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PSP system software
    I don't think by using this update you are getting anything, I can just see the shit dribbling out of their mouths.

Dark Scribble Theme One year Anniversary!
    I am Retired, see me at www.nintendo-hacks.com

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

Security

* A patch has been added to address security vulnerability in the system software.

*hint*hint*
    the Lumines security breach

~ Elliott ~ is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Sony sucks, simple.

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

So does that mean we can sue them? Please... also 3.50 has better features than 3.51 by a long shot.

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

In order to get the most out of your PSP, you should ensure that you are running the latest version of the PSP system software.
    If you update to sony firmware, you lock out all of it's possibilities.

SkyDX is offline -Hacks Ninja

Right, I still remember when I was at 2.00 (the MPH Downgrader wasn't out) I was amazingly bored with my PSP..... today I use it every day

XBOX Live ID: SkyyX | Wii Friend Code: 3148-9988-9956-8604

Vaughan14 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker
    If you update to sony firmware, you lock out all of it's possibilities.
    Thats what I was getting at, it seems strange that they would say that.

They should change it to "In order to destroy any chance of Bricking your psp" But Sony would call Bricking something else, and they wouldn't add anything about "destroying" your chance at psp piracy.

Dark Scribble Theme One year Anniversary!
    I am Retired, see me at www.nintendo-hacks.com

Nacos is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

* This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
    Hmm then why haven't I been able to launch eboots newer firmwares.

Toxin is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

we should launch videos on youtube, make a lot of publicity, like someone showing what you can do with a psp with sony FW, like putting it in a blender, then showing what you can do with a psp with CFW, like scoring hot chicks and big hairy men :mrgreenthumbsup:
    2.81->1.50->3.02 OE-A->3.02 OE-B->3.03 OE-A->3.03 OE-C->3.10 OE-A->3.10 OE-A\'->3.10 OE-C->3.30 OE-A->3.30 OE-A\'->3.51 M33->3.71 m33
    if a chicken had lips, could it whistle?

~ Elliott ~ is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin
    we should launch videos on youtube, make a lot of publicity, like someone showing what you can do with a psp with sony FW, like putting it in a blender, then showing what you can do with a psp with CFW, like scoring hot chicks and big hairy men:mrgreenthumbsup:
    Yes, we should.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast