Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sony to screw old psp owners?

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Psp slim is here and so is the announcement that the old psp model is gonna be discontinued. The new model is not only a cosmetic makeover but it includes crucial hardware changes, such as double the ram, and surely will sport stronger security devices to stop homebrew. A new tv turner attachment was announced in japan and is rummored to be compatible with only the slim model. I wont be surprised if we see some slim-only games coming out in a few months. I just hope Sony doesn´t go forcing the slim model down our throats and leave old psp owners high and dry. Do you guys think it´s gonna happen?

kinghov87 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Well there is always ebay. Eventually this will get hacked just like everything else.

Black PSP->2.71 TA-082->2.80->1.50->3.03OE-C->3.30OE-A->3.10OE-A->3.30OE-A\'->3.51M33-6
    THE MAXIMALS!!!
    come here if you want to hack games

Rich is offline -Hacks Veteran

Basically anything that has a computer in it can be hacked. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they did this. However, for all the psp users who dont know about homebrew, they are gonna be even madder than us about this because they wont know the reason behind it...

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

I highly doubt it

they may increase more high "candy" for the lite PSP to make people appreciate it more. But they won't make "PSP lite only games".
    Cause you nkow what that would mean?

Call to Arms Boys!

osiron23 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jmendes
    Psp slim is here and so is the announcement that the old psp model is gonna be discontinued. The new model is not only a cosmetic makeover but it includes crucial hardware changes, such as double the ram, and surely will sport stronger security devices to stop homebrew. A new tv turner attachment was announced in japan and is rummored to be compatible with only the slim model. I wont be surprised if we see some slim-only games coming out in a few months. I just hope Sony doesn´t go forcing the slim model down our throats and leave old psp owners high and dry. Do you guys think it´s gonna happen?
    ironic considering you probably have ISOs on your memory stick.

u_c_taker is offline -Hacks Member

psp lite only games want happen
    there isnt enough of a hardware change for that
    if they did it those games wouldnt sell cause there is 26 million fat psp s out there n the slim will take quite a while to reach even near that
    with already low sales sony wouldnt try this cause the developers would prefer to sell more games

beanz is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

if the psp slim will run on a sony made firmware, it WILL be hacked.
    \"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS\" George Orwell-Animal Farm

waldog is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

And the consumers would be pissed. The only change in the new revised psp is the video out and the 64mb ram compared to 32mb we have. And the battery life, but that 64mb is only in there for the load times to be less, like a cache for the umds.

jsonx_9000 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by kinghov87
    Well there is always ebay. Eventually this will get hacked just like everything else.
    I agree w/ you.. Well, It will takes time but patience is the key..
    DIE DIE DIE...

gizmic is offline -Hacks Newbie

i wonder if you have isos you screwed sony first

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast