Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSP Devolution

Seraphic is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Wanted to know, has anyone picked up an PSP Devolution yet? If so, what were your results?

From what I understand, it's not a mod-chip like the "Undiluted Platinum". But I guess you still install firmware onto it?

Was thinking of maybe picking one up to run official firmware on the chip and custom on the PSP board.

Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

MaRk69 is offline -Hacks Newbie

not out yet

BDIGITAL is offline -Hacks Smarty

The Devolution is out, I actually got mine in the mail today. Seraphic I'll let you know how things go after I install mine.

PSN ID- BDIGITAL69

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Its easier to install and does what a modchip should. If you can solder, you should prolly get 1.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

darkstar55 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

ive heard its pretty good, you should go for it and get one
    My psp history: First US release day of psp 1.5, 2.0, 2.6, 2.71, 2.80, Traded, 2.0, 1.5, 3.02OE-A, 3.02OE-B, 3.03OE-C, 3.40Oe-A, SLIM- 3.90m33-2
    Super smash bros brawl Player - I could oWN ya all

BDIGITAL is offline -Hacks Smarty

Well I got my devolution together, the soldering isn't too hard until you have to solder the flex PCB cable to the PCB board. If you keep the iron close to it too long it will melt the cable, also if you don't keep the iron on with solder on it long enough it will not connect all the traces. I'll say it is a pain in the @**, For anyone that is not good at soldering this will be a pretty hard task but not as hard as the U.P. Also while sanding make sure you sand down all the traces. I am glad I had a few Bricked motherboards to play with, I completely ruined one but got the second one working fine.

PSN ID- BDIGITAL69

Quote Originally Posted by BDIGITAL
    Well I got my devolution together, the soldering isn't too hard until you have to solder the flex PCB cable to the PCB board. If you keep the iron close to it too long it will melt the cable, also if you don't keep the iron on with solder on it long enough it will not connect all the traces. I'll say it is a pain in the @**, For anyone that is not good at soldering this will be a pretty hard task but not as hard as the U.P. Also while sanding make sure you sand down all the traces. I am glad I had a few Bricked motherboards to play with, I completely ruined one but got the second one working fine.
    Thanks for the information. So can you duel boot firmware with the Devolution? Say have a official sony firmware on the Devolution and an open firmware on the PSP system board. You can select which to boot during power on, right?

Super_Jedi7 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Thanks for the information. So can you duel boot firmware with the Devolution? Say have a official sony firmware on the Devolution and an open firmware on the PSP system board. You can select which to boot during power on, right?
    yes thats the whole idea :P
    UMM lol I forgot WHAT picture WAS HERE...

Yeah, but the official website says something like "not a mod-chip" etc... so I wasn't sure if it worked the same as the U.P.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast