Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NO umd M33 FW ! 100GB 1.8 HDD read from MS slot !? just a thought

treeheights is offline -Hacks Newbie

hello. have just joined the forum and just got ma self a PSP....yummy... my first thought as usual is ,HOW CAN I PULL IT APART AND DO STUFF WITH IT ...hehehehe...

letting that slide, I have an idea that has most likely been thought of already but.....

``WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE UMD DRIVE, INSERT A TOSHIBA 1.8 100 GB DRIVE AND HAVE IT TRANSFER DATA DIRECTLY FROM THE MEMORY CARD SLOT???``

so far i`m a week into tinkering with it and ive customised the firmware from 1.50 - to Dark alexs 3.40 oe a (sounds like the brother is rock solid)- then to the space cadet vodka boys M33 . all well to date. HEY !!!

customised icons,waves rararara. and learning how to make -em

learning iso back up stuff as well

and this weekend or next ,when i get me some moments, i`m gonna try a full case replacement (in chrome) and try and put those music reactive light thingo`s on the innards... (on that one you`ll have to wish me luck)

Just a quick note to say thanks for all the valuable info the community has provided and hopefully will be able to give back when i get me noggin around all the stuff.

treeheights

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

psp only supports 8GB pro-duos

kinghov87 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i am calling a fail right now. somehow someway your gonna mess up. with the 100 gb thing try it but it wont work. The worst thing that can happen with all this is that you waste alot of money.

Black PSP->2.71 TA-082->2.80->1.50->3.03OE-C->3.30OE-A->3.10OE-A->3.30OE-A\'->3.51M33-6
    THE MAXIMALS!!!
    come here if you want to hack games

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

How's this: get the SD adapter in my sig, rip it open, install it instead of the drive. Its a sure way to get 8GB rather cheap and have it nice and internal. My second idea is to setup an LED power station so no soldering is required for LED mods and everything can be easily stored/removed.

Just as I posted a superb idea hit me: get a nice big speaker and mount that into the ex-drive. You could easily re-wire the stock ones and theoretically it should work.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Trax91 is offline -Hacks Smarty

I don't think the motherboard is able to read size that high. Some have reported 8gb memory card not showing on PSP.

**THINKING OUT LOUD**

mmmm. well . me know nothing about electronics BUT ,HEAD... on and thinking , the onboard PSP MS hardware would have limitations i think
    ( rate of transfer ie) but NOT the size or the original storage? perhaps that would be a CFW issue as i think the most recent official sony FW included updates for the 8GB MS ?

(sandisk MS` have a potential capicity for 32 GB...) with the cost of 8GB at 150USD, 32GB would be just too much for most of us i think. However the CURRENT market price for a 20 GB 1.8INCH TOSHIBA HDD is about 60 USD, please refer link as current to date of post

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x16970418

The hardware issue would be between the bridge from the SM slot to the 1.8inch HDD i think. i have seen MS to USB card readers fairly cheaply. would it be possible to use these?

perhaps the guys at ACIDMODS would have the technical expertise to bring this idea to fruition!? the only issue that leaves an unusual taste in my mouth would be the skip issues with a HDD and the transfer rate limition,which is slower than a memory stick.

just a thought !!!

treeheights

just another thought

have seen 32 GB USB FLASH DRIVE storage going for 55 USD or so, see link

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c143575180

HOW ABOUT AN ADAPTER SO A USB FLASH DRIVE CAN BE INSERTED INTO THE MS !?

treeheights

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

An adapter? Dood, psp has a usb port as is. Its a matter of being able to use it more than just connecting it.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

EL GATO is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Dude, check this topic out:
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/hardwar...2gb-stick.html

Or give it a search for psp & OTG ;)
    \"Think for yourself, question authority\" - Timothy Leary

-+=o0O> M33 3.52-4 <O0o=+-

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

I heard of someone wiring together an adapter that had one wire soldered to the power circuit on the psp for power and the other wired to a 60 gb laptop hdd. Lota iso's!

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast