Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: downgrading firmware with wrong motherboard

  
  1. #1
    xcross20 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    my question is if something will happen if i use a TA watever downgrader from 3.50 if i just have the other motherboard


  2. #2
    p0op's Avatar
    p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    9,921
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    The 3.50 downgrader patches your motherboard...we've been patching ta-082 motherboards since like the 2.71 downgrader dude :sigh:

    Just that whenever you downgrade with a ta-082 from 3.50 you won't be able to go past 3.30 official firmware if you ever wish to go back. So you'll pretty much have to stick custom firmware to keep up to date.

  3. #3
    Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    All downgraders from 2.80, 3.03, and 3.50 are all ta-082 so you have no choice but to use one.....and it will just by pass the patch if you don't need it.
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

    PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33

  4. #4
    p0op's Avatar
    p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    9,921
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erland
    All downgraders from 2.80, 3.03, and 3.50 are all ta-082 so you have no choice but to use one.....and it will just by pass the patch if you don't need it.
    The 3.50 downgrader doesn't let you downgrade if you don't patch your motherboard.

  5. #5
    mahfood1990's Avatar
    mahfood1990 is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Warks, UK
    Posts
    1,742
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    one of the steps of the TA-082 downgrader(2.71) is to run the IDstorage fix, and if u ran that in a normal psp it'll say that ur psp isn't TA-082 and when u proceed to downgrade it'll downgrade normally

    if u mean running a normal(2.50/2.60 or 2.71) downgrader on a TA-082 PSP then u'll have completely bricked PSP
    thats it :mrgreenthumbsup:

    and as people above said the later downgraders(2.80+) is detecting ur motherboard type and patch it if necessary, ie will work on all motherboards the same
    "In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

  6. #6
    Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    Quote Originally Posted by Erland
    All downgraders from 2.80, 3.03, and 3.50 are all ta-082 so you have no choice but to use one.....and it will just by pass the patch if you don't need it.
    The 3.50 downgrader doesn't let you downgrade if you don't patch your motherboard.
    In his question he says he does not have a ta-082 motherboard....and what would happen if he used the ta-082 down grader. I think you totally missed his question....go back and read the part about having a different motherboard...it's the last thing he said....

    So Like I had said if he uses a ta-082 downgrader with a motherboard that is not ta-082 then it will just skip that section of the downgrader..
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

    PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33

  7. #7
    mahfood1990's Avatar
    mahfood1990 is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Warks, UK
    Posts
    1,742
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erland
    Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    Quote Originally Posted by Erland
    All downgraders from 2.80, 3.03, and 3.50 are all ta-082 so you have no choice but to use one.....and it will just by pass the patch if you don't need it.
    The 3.50 downgrader doesn't let you downgrade if you don't patch your motherboard.
    In his question he says he does not have a ta-082 motherboard....and what would happen if he used the ta-082 down grader. I think you totally missed his question....go back and read the part about having a different motherboard...it's the last thing he said....

    So Like I had said if he uses a ta-082 downgrader with a motherboard that is not ta-082 then it will just skip that section of the downgrader..
    i already said this look the post above
    "In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

  8. #8
    Skv0ra's Avatar
    Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    How this: doesn't matter anymore. Do as you wish.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •