Thread: downgrading firmware with wrong motherboard

xcross20 is offline -Hacks Newbie

my question is if something will happen if i use a TA watever downgrader from 3.50 if i just have the other motherboard

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

The 3.50 downgrader patches your motherboard...we've been patching ta-082 motherboards since like the 2.71 downgrader dude :sigh:

Just that whenever you downgrade with a ta-082 from 3.50 you won't be able to go past 3.30 official firmware if you ever wish to go back. So you'll pretty much have to stick custom firmware to keep up to date.

Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

All downgraders from 2.80, 3.03, and 3.50 are all ta-082 so you have no choice but to use one.....and it will just by pass the patch if you don't need it.
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Erland
    All downgraders from 2.80, 3.03, and 3.50 are all ta-082 so you have no choice but to use one.....and it will just by pass the patch if you don't need it.
    The 3.50 downgrader doesn't let you downgrade if you don't patch your motherboard.

mahfood1990 is offline -Hacks Guru

one of the steps of the TA-082 downgrader(2.71) is to run the IDstorage fix, and if u ran that in a normal psp it'll say that ur psp isn't TA-082 and when u proceed to downgrade it'll downgrade normally

if u mean running a normal(2.50/2.60 or 2.71) downgrader on a TA-082 PSP then u'll have completely bricked PSP
    thats it :mrgreenthumbsup:

and as people above said the later downgraders(2.80+) is detecting ur motherboard type and patch it if necessary, ie will work on all motherboards the same
    "In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    The 3.50 downgrader doesn't let you downgrade if you don't patch your motherboard.
    In his question he says he does not have a ta-082 motherboard....and what would happen if he used the ta-082 down grader. I think you totally missed his question....go back and read the part about having a different motherboard...it's the last thing he said....

So Like I had said if he uses a ta-082 downgrader with a motherboard that is not ta-082 then it will just skip that section of the downgrader..
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33

mahfood1990 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    In his question he says he does not have a ta-082 motherboard....and what would happen if he used the ta-082 down grader. I think you totally missed his question....go back and read the part about having a different motherboard...it's the last thing he said....

So Like I had said if he uses a ta-082 downgrader with a motherboard that is not ta-082 then it will just skip that section of the downgrader..
    i already said this look the post above
    "In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

How this: doesn't matter anymore. Do as you wish.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!