Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: newbie

daveh55 is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi i only found this site a few days ago after my son messed his psp up by upgrading the firmware,i turned to you all for help,i may have posted in the wrong forums but was not sure whaT to do ive never used a forum before,i know people my get fed up with the same questions day after day or people in the wrong forums but i was a little surprised by some of the comments left.i hope things get better after such a bad start,i can only say im sorry for the mistakes i made but think you should all give us new guys a little time to get used to your site
    Dave

iamataff is offline -Hacks Smarty

I know init m8. Jus cause someone doesnt know they slate u 4 it. Its the same werever though.

REMEMBER Everyone starts off as a noob........

jsonx_9000 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Ummm, whats the problem on your sons PSP? Give us some details on whats happening and we will find out if we can fix it.
    DIE DIE DIE...

daveh55 is offline -Hacks Newbie

he got it off a friend then next day it said he had to upgrade to play game he went onto sony site and upgraded to 3.52 now his iso games dont work
    dave

Trax91 is offline -Hacks Smarty

3.52 is undowngradeble. I'm sorry but you are screwed. You've got two options:
    a. Wait for a downgrader. (Will take forever)
    b. Brick your PSP on purpose and claim warranty. (Instant but repaired PSP might come back with 3.52)

darkstar55 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

wait hold on, u say that ur son had to upgrade to play an ISO?? so u had 1.5 before cause it sounds like ur saying that he was able to play isos before? if u upgraded to 3.52 and had 1.5, then ur stupid, u could have upgraded to a custom firmware like 3.52 M33 and played the iso perfectly
    My psp history: First US release day of psp 1.5, 2.0, 2.6, 2.71, 2.80, Traded, 2.0, 1.5, 3.02OE-A, 3.02OE-B, 3.03OE-C, 3.40Oe-A, SLIM- 3.90m33-2
    Super smash bros brawl Player - I could oWN ya all

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar55
    wait hold on, u say that ur son had to upgrade to play an ISO?? so u had 1.5 before cause it sounds like ur saying that he was able to play isos before? if u upgraded to 3.52 and had 1.5, then ur stupid, u could have upgraded to a custom firmware like 3.52 M33 and played the iso perfectly
    hes not stupid neither is his son its completly understandable u also have a third option
    3. mod chip ( dont know much about it but i do know it will fix ur problem)
    been gone awhile

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar55
    Shut up you dumb shit. 1.5 can't play ISOs but it can play homebrews. Only custom firmwares can. Your son might have tried to upgrade it because new games needs newer firmware to play. One of Sony's trick to upgrade to official firmware. Unfortunately for them, our hackers managed to create custom firmware up to the latest version.

Oh yeah, as 'almost' mention, you can solder a modchip into your PSP's motherboard (requires opening it up) to fix your little problem. What it does is that it allows you to load 2 firmwares at the same time. If you wanna go with this option and you have no electronics skill at all, some sites offer their service to mod it for you but for a fee of course and also the risk of your PSP stolen. If you're lucky there might be some shops around your area that offer this service but its kinda rare.

A question of mine, did you hack the PSP for him or what? It sounds like you and your son don't have a clue what you guys are doing.

dennisrr is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

That sucks...3.52 the official firmware right? Ouch. You may not be able to downgrade anymore...
    You can try a modchip but never tried it. A little advice. Fuck official firmware. You can't do shit on them.

^Doubt it. Its possible but will take forever. Human err and its the hacker's job to find them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast