Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart trick tips?

monkey_feces is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I got a psp from circuit city to walmart trick, unfortunately I choked and involuntarily gave them my real phone number, an already establish account with my real name. What are the chances that the psp can be traced back to me if I replace the bottom barcode and the battery port tag? Should I just return it and do the walmart trick at walmart? I'm thinking that if the battery port checks, then the SCEA service center won't bother. Even then, I don't think they would notify CC.

Secondly, what's the best way to remove the tags? I use a bulletin board tack to pry it out, but if someone were really determined, they could refuse the return upon fine inspection.

Finally, did sony issue a directive to remove lumines from shelves? I can't even find a copy to rent at blockbuster, of all places.

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

I used a small flathead screwdriver to remove mine (I did it at Game Stop). But you may want to be carefull b/c we just had a meeting and one of the major subjects was how to watch out for console hackers who try to play us.

(cough)http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1024659(cough)

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

Thanks for the info. Can you link a pic of a screw driver that looked like the one you used? Did it leave any crumpled edges?

Also, did you guys integrate a battery port check in your process? I removed the warranty sticker perfectly with only a small, unnoticeable edge abrasion. I got a nasty surprise from this 3.50 FW psp though, unraveling it revealed a transparent plastic window spelling VOID. Would a missing warranty sticker and an open rear screw port be a red flag at returns at your walmart?

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

you can actually just peel it off with your fingers.

Its strong enough for it not to actually rip.

But just make sure you put it back on the 'new' PSP ASAP. and i really mean ASAP.

I decided not to do the switch, ill just solder on a mod chip. If you were circuit city, would you accept, "I thought it would be the slim psp with tv out" as a restocking fee free excuse? I would just exchange for a new one and then return it later, but that would waste as much gas as the mod chip I'm going to pay for.

BTW cheese, who do those tig ol bitties belong to in your sig? I think I'm going to do some research on that particular model.

if you do the walmart trick, make sure you ONLY PAY WITH CASH.

You can never take enough precautions..

haha I forgot the name of her, some JAP chick

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by psphackr
    I used a small flathead screwdriver to remove mine (I did it at Game Stop). But you may want to be carefull b/c we just had a meeting and one of the major subjects was how to watch out for console hackers who try to play us.

(cough)http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1024659(cough)
    Really. Huh.... and yet walmart employees still get played. I recently did that (two weeks ago). I had a bad ass scratch on my psp.

And.... to make me more pissed the psp I got was a 3.11 :mad:

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by killahcheese

But just make sure you put it back on the 'new' PSP ASAP. and i really mean ASAP.
    Not on the newer ones you can't because they have little edges around the sticker and it makes it harder.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

Ah I wouldn't know, my bad ;)

Quote Originally Posted by psphackr
    Quote Originally Posted by killahcheese

Not on the newer ones you can't because they have little edges around the sticker and it makes it harder.
    Will a hair dryer still work well if I happened to get a newer one? How's costco's return policy? If I make it look new, will they just restock it on the shelves?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast