Thread: just bought a psp 290 gps receiver and had a question?

yenracer is offline -Hacks Member

hi all,

i was wondering if the psp 290 legit on ebay. are there any fake ones roaming around. i didnt want to wait for a long shipment from japan so i just bought it there. has anyone had any problems with their receivers. just wondering. thanks for any input and have a nice day:bucktooth:

dlr
    dlr is offline -Hacks Smarty

hey....I bought mine on Ebay and there were no worries. It was stated as brand new...it looked opened when I got it (it had scotch tape around the back to seal it) but I realized that it was supposed to be like that. There is an import store where I live and I saw it there in the exact same "new" condition. It works fine and I think it's one of the best accessories for the PSP since the 8GB Memory Stick!

cool, thanks for the quick reply. i can't wait for it. have you tried it out yet?

i didn't want to clutter up the forums with another thread so i have another question that pertains to the gps and mapthis app. i just downloaded mapthis v4.99 from this site and i followed a tutorial from a member from this site something dragon i forgot the name and this is what i've done but it still doesn't work because a message pops up when i run mapthis saying "critical error no maps in directory" and then goes back to the psp homescreen. this is the step by step i've done to try to get it to work

1. extracted the mapthis v4.99 file and went into the mapviewer folder
    2. i then put the psp-290 eboot file into the mapviewer folder overriding the original
    3. i then extracted the 2 files usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx from the k folder in flash0 and also put those 2 files into the mapviewer folder
    4. i then put the system folder from the mapthis download and also put that into the mapviewer folder along with the map i created with gmdl.
    5. with all that done, i put the mapviewer folder into the psp>game352 folder
    6. i then went into recovery folder and disabled all the plugins and set to kernel 3.52
    7. i finally run the app and i get a critical error message and it goes back to the home screen

i am very clueless now and have been searching and haven't been able to find the answer. am i doing anything wrong. can anyone help. i really want to get his thing running. thanks in advance.

oh yeah cfw 3.52 m33-2

hahha, nvm got it working