Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: can we stop compiling for 1.5!

  
  1. #1
    chipx is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mon Lyall
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    i just do see the point of compiling for 1.5 anymore, everybody here is on CFW (1.5 er's can use the NOKXploit patch) which supports 3.XX homebrew and 1.0 EBOOTS. i know you can convert them to 1.0 with seipsptool, but its still annoying. especially having twice double the number of folders in your GAME or GAME150 folder.

    just my 2 cents.


    XboXLiVE: luukee

  2. #2
    Haxxor's Avatar
    Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    270

    Default

    What the hell do you mean by "stop compiling for 1.5!" ? Do you mean stop making homebrew for 1.5? Cuz that's just dumb since 1.5 is the only official, non modded firmware that is capable of running unsigned code I believe.

    coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow

  3. #3
    TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor
    What the hell do you mean by "stop compiling for 1.5!" ? Do you mean stop making homebrew for 1.5? Cuz that's just dumb since 1.5 is the only official, non modded firmware that is capable of running unsigned code I believe.
    1.00 :paranoid:

  4. #4
    hotrocker is offline Programmer -Hacks Ninja
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    yesterday
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    i see ur point about the number of files, but i personaly program for the psp and when you type "make" (to compile) it creates the eboot only, so then everytime you make an update (which while the program is in early development hapens quite often) you have to manualy put it in a folder, gets annoying. but seriously, how much homebrew do you put on ur psp at once?

    (Compliments of Chode)

  5. #5
    chipx is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mon Lyall
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor
    What the hell do you mean by "stop compiling for 1.5!" ? Do you mean stop making homebrew for 1.5? Cuz that's just dumb since 1.5 is the only official, non modded firmware that is capable of running unsigned code I believe.
    soo what, 1.5 is in the past. one folder per app is nice instead of having blah___% and blah___

    XboXLiVE: luukee

  6. #6
    YoYoBallz's Avatar
    YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Endless Paradigm
    Posts
    4,036
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    1.5 is the roots of all custom firmware

    without 1.5 we could not have any custom firmware!

  7. #7
    chipx is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mon Lyall
    Posts
    439
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YoYoBalls
    1.5 is the roots of all custom firmware

    without 1.5 we could not have any custom firmware!
    boxes of dry-ice where the first refrigerators, do we still use them?

    XboXLiVE: luukee

  8. #8
    bxpapi196 is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Big Apple, New York
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chipx
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYoBalls
    1.5 is the roots of all custom firmware

    without 1.5 we could not have any custom firmware!
    boxes of dry-ice where the first refrigerators, do we still use them?
    LoL

    \"Kicking is a sign of love and respect, banning is a sign you\'re being a douche.\" - Anceint Proverb

  9. #9
    osiron23's Avatar
    osiron23 is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,610
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    either way, theres no point in posting that here. This forum is lacking, IMO, in MAJOR developers. Of course, I mean no offense to our developers here. How often do you marvel at your GAME folders anyway?

  10. #10
    bxpapi196 is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Big Apple, New York
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiron23
    either way, theres no point in posting that here. This forum is lacking, IMO, in MAJOR developers. Of course, I mean no offense to our developers here. How often do you marvel at your GAME folders anyway?
    When good homebrew come out
    but that doesn't bother me(Having the 2 folder)

    \"Kicking is a sign of love and respect, banning is a sign you\'re being a douche.\" - Anceint Proverb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •