Thread: TV on your PSP

W4RH3AD is offline -Hacks Smarty

Is it around the forums? I don't see it anywhere..

I recently found it out today and it is extremely satisfying.

Heres links for anyone who wants it.

http://dl.qj.net/TVUPlayer-on-PSP-PS...9975/catid/142

that's all you need BUT I would reccommend downloading these files as well.

http://www.tvunetworks.com/

http://dl.qj.net/PMP-VLC-v0.0.9-Play...8881/catid/140

NOW! I'm going to post my little short way of installing it, once again I don't know if this is around the forum or if this is old or not, I'm just posting it because I think it's nifty I don't see it anywhere and I think other people might like it..

OK!

Download TVUPlayer from the website, It will come in that TVUPLAYYER on PSP package but it's an old version and will not stream videos as fast.

THEN Download the VLC v009 and put those files where the READ ME tells you to, very simple..

The reason for the very first link is for the VLC Media Player and for the Read me on how to get it to work..

It's fairly simple, Just follow the read me and ask me if you have any questions.

What this program does is takes the TVUPlayer which has SOME networks not all of them such as, comedy central, spike, nickelodeon, cartoon network, etc etc. And streams them on TVUPlayer on your PC. THEN VLC Media player takes those files and streams them! THEN! Lol... You download the APP for your PSP and stream them on your PSP.

Now it is a little glitchy, sometimes you will have to stop streaming it and restart it which only takes anywhere from 1-10 seconds it's only frustrating when your watching a program your really into. But it's quick and easy, Also you might have to start it a couple times to get it to work, but the first one or two times you will get it easily.

Just a couple minutes ago I was taking a poop while watching the NASA channel. I love it! Glad I stumbled upon it.

Have fun?

EDIT: Like Haxxor said you have to have either a WIFI Card in your computer/laptop.. or a wireless router, I'm not so sure about the router, maybe the wifi card only works but.. you'll have to give it a shot, right now im using a WIFI Card with a wireless router so I can't help you there >.<. I guess I'll do some expierimenting tomorrow but its 4am and I'm about to go to bed.

Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

uhhm..are you sure you ONLY need those files? Don't you need some sort of wifi card or something in your computer to stream the videos wirelessly?

coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow

W4RH3AD is offline -Hacks Smarty

I'm not sure, my laptop comes with a integrated wireless card so I wouldn't know. Maybe you could try it. I'm pretty sure as long as your just connected to a Wireless router then it won't matter, because this program changes your PSP's ip to like.. mine right now is 192.168.1.4 for my PC and for my PSP it's 192.168.1.5 so, I'm almost positive you only have to have a wireless router

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

This setup is really old. I thought it never had sound...does it?

windwalker is offline -Hacks Member

i've done that tvuplayer for the psp and ya it has sound. think this came out about a year ago.
    2.71(got tired of waiting on a downgrader, traded for a 2.5)
    2.5->1.5-2.71 -> continual updates of custom firmware.
    currently on 5.50 genb-2

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

I wish I had cable and a tv tuner input on my computer. I would try it out if I did.

DSpider is offline -Hacks Smarty

Beats paying $150 for a LocationFree Base Station to stream this shit... Right ?

WTF IT COSTS $350 ??? OMFG that's Twtice the price of the PSP !
    http://www.askdavetaylor.com/what_is..._sony_psp.html

Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Mhmm ^ and that's why it was removed from all of the custom firmwares..waste of flash space.

coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow