Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: planning to buy a psp...

bleu_aries_16 is offline -Hacks Newbie

should i wait for psp slim or not? er i know its reaaaaaaally late to have a psp but the heck...
    its gonna be hacked too right? if it is, how long will it take then?
    and if i dont go for the slim, can i still buy the uh whatever motherboard that is hackable? (really dont know bout these stuffs) but i read that a new motherboard on psp cant be upgraded with the custom firmwares...

and also can u give me an idea of what cool programs u can have on psp beside playing snes/ ps1 etc games...?

and all ps1 games can be played on psp? is there a possibility to play ps2?

thanks in advance...

Lo Fi Horror is offline -Hacks Newbie

Everything you asked can be easilly found on this site within minutes..........reading is food for the brain :cool:
    Psp = 82 board, m33 3.52-2, alcohol, nicotine, and strippers, er....huh?

... that was totally useless...
    didnt expect that...
    i was hoping for answers.
    and basically i know it can be found in the forum. if i wanted to, id read every single article. but whats the reason why i have to ask and hope for answer... anyway if someone kind enough, please feel free to do so. thanks

monkey_feces is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by bleu_aries_16
    didnt expect that...
    and basically i know it can be found in the forum. if i wanted to, id read every single article. but whats the reason why i have to ask and hope for answer... anyway if someone kind enough, please feel free to do so. thanks
    poor noob, he actually thinks somebody will take his side. poor guy probably never picked up a book in his life. Since I'm a nice guy, I'm going to help you. You click on the topic in page one that says, "can the psp slim be hacked?". If you couldn't figure that out, gl with your bricked psp. Since you're dumber than the dumbasses at walmart, you're going to jail if you try to get a fresh one.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey_feces
    Quote Originally Posted by bleu_aries_16
    didnt expect that...
    poor noob, he actually thinks somebody will take his side. poor guy probably never picked up a book in his life. Since I'm a nice guy, I'm going to help you. You click on the topic in page one that says, "can the psp slim be hacked?". If you couldn't figure that out, gl with your bricked psp. Since you're dumber than the dumbasses at walmart, you're going to jail if you try to get a fresh one.
    well well well... why waste time when u couldve already answered every question i asked than trying flaming someone. and me thinkin someone will take my side? wasnt even begging to begin with, if noone answers then why do u care. so rather than wasting ur time to flame, just answer the rest of my questions. simple.

Aures is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Your post would better fit in the help thread since it has plenty of question marks.
    Anyways, it's your call whether to go for the psp slim or the current one, as the slim is (besides, being not available yet) is unhackable for the moment, and may not be for a long, long time; the current psp is hackable (if you get one with a firmware prior to 3.51, of course) and thus can run all kinds of home-brew, psp/psx games, emulators, etc.

You can have many kinds of homebrew on your psp if you manage to downgrade and switch to a custom firmware (not the Sony official), such as internet messengers, text readers, damn etc.

PS1 can be played on PSP, PS2 can't.

N00b.
    A Zen Buddhist sage condensed the wisdom of all worlds to one teaching; it said: \"No-one gives a shite about your firmware version!!! God damn n00bs!!!1!!11.\"

Daryl is offline -Hacks Newbie

LOL

pwned.

I'm guessing the Slims will be more secure than ever, most up to date software too.

I went into town today to buy a PSP and a guy in a shop said I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I brought one now: If you wait until the slim is out, whic he reckons will be around £129.99, the PSP is gonna go down alot... I'm gonna wait for that. :)

Edit: Wikipedia says the PSP Lite will come with firmware 3.60

Quote Originally Posted by Aures
    Your post would better fit in the help thread since it has plenty of question marks.
    Anyways, it's your call whether to go for the psp slim or the current one, as the slim is (besides, being not available yet) is unhackable for the moment, and may not be for a long, long time; the current psp is hackable (if you get one with a firmware prior to 3.51, of course) and thus can run all kinds of home-brew, psp/psx games, emulators, etc.

You can have many kinds of homebrew on your psp if you manage to downgrade and switch to a custom firmware (not the Sony official), such as internet messengers, text readers, damn etc.

PS1 can be played on PSP, PS2 can't.

N00b.
    thank you.
    well. i wont argue being a noob. coz ive never had a psp before...
    1 more question...
    i read something about uh (cant remember clearly and still finding it) but anyway, not having devhook can play downloaded games? i was about to make up my mind of buying the slim and wait for it to be hacked.(while playin a game or 2...or more depends on how long itll take)
    but the real question is, initially you cant play downloaded games, unless u upgrade it with a CFW?
    sorry just confused with all the info i read.

edit: basically playing snes/ps1 games' not my main interest on psp (since i played the ones i like already,,, mostly rpgs...) but to be able to play downloaded psp games...

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    LOL

pwned.

I'm guessing the Slims will be more secure than ever, most up to date software too.

I went into town today to buy a PSP and a guy in a shop said I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I brought one now: If you wait until the slim is out, whic he reckons will be around £129.99, the PSP is gonna go down alot... I'm gonna wait for that. :)

Edit: Wikipedia says the PSP Lite will come with firmware 3.60
    uh. u referring to buying the fatter psp? is the hackable motherboard thingy still available? the ta-085 something wont be downgraded if i read correctly... (do i still have to focus on what FW it has? other than the motherboard? well yeah, coz some FW dont have a downgrader. right?

and anoooooother question... yeah i guess this needs to be moved to HELP section... anyway,
    whats your major reason for buying a psp?

Aures is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

To be able to play downloaded psp/psx games, run emulators and other home-brew applications, your psp must be hackable. For that, your firmware must be of a version prior to official 3.51.
    Once flashed, you can switch it to custom firmware in which you won't need devhook or isoloaders to run iso's (downloaded games), and psx emulators 'cause the custom firmware has them integrated already. You only need devhook/psx emulator if you're the old, old firmwares prior to version 3, which aren't custom firmwares.

You're unable to search, to make a proper post, in the right place. Thus, calling you n00b not newb. The two words differ.
    A Zen Buddhist sage condensed the wisdom of all worlds to one teaching; it said: \"No-one gives a shite about your firmware version!!! God damn n00bs!!!1!!11.\"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast