Thread: Slim PSP Ram and more

Endlessnameless is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm considering selling my psp to get the new one when it comes out. I really only use my psp for emulation, etc and I like the idea of the added ram. I know very little about programming, but was wondering if programmers are going to have to make 2 versions of emulators and other software...One that uses 32 MB of ram and one that uses 64? I like the idea of having the video out as well as more ram and a slimmer housing. But I like the software that I have now. Anybody get their hands on a lite system to see about hacking it? Because I really would hate to sell my system then have them not be able to crack the firmware. Thanks for your time. I apologize if this is a repost. I searched the forums before I posted and couldn't quite find the answers I was looking for.

spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran

all depends on how long its takes them to find a hole in the firmware.
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

zen
    zen is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I strongly agree... Most hacks/cracks right now were just updates from Dark_Alex's Custom 3.XX OE FW.

Isn't it interesting how Dark_Alex left around the same time Sony announced a Sony PSP Lite with FW 3.60? Doesn't this mean FW 3.60 will more likely to have a strong hack protection. Since the whole unit has been remodeled, I bet they're gonna put a firewall on the flash or something like that. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I suggest you keep your old one and buy the new one when its cracked. They're both meant to play games anyway so there's no need to change.

Bricked-On-Arrival is offline -Hacks Neophyte

i heard they put a feature that will auto brick if it detects haxx
    Currently= 3.91 M33-2 + 1.50addon v2 but unable to update

GuilT1 is offline -Hacks Member

I'll bet those fucking hackers are dying to get their hands on the slim. Which is why I'm going to buy the first version to come out, so I know when it gets hacked and Sony puts out the recall or update their current stock, I'll have me a hacked PSP SLim.

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

I am personally happy with mine. I don't think I will buy a slim. The tv out seems cool but it is a portable and it sorta defeats the purpose. The extra RAM will only make games load a little faster and make the Web browser a little more efficient. I would almost bet that cso/iso will load up just as fast if not faster than a UMD in the slim model. The PSP has a beautiful screen and as of now we don't have to wait for any hacks. If you want to play on a big screen buy a console meant to be hooked up to the tv....thats just my opinion.

I will guess that team noobz will be the first to crack it and it will take around 2 months......just my prediction.

Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

And how would they go about cracking it? Give me an insight here :sigh:

coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow