Thread: Unbricker question...

Fretless is offline -Hacks Smarty

Things went rather successfully while unbricking my PSP, until it said "cannot write system.dreg," then powered off when downgrading to FW 1.50. When I start my PSP up using the spare (NORMAL) battery, the normal opening sequence happens (Sony Computer Entertainment logo, with the "chimes" you hear when you turn the PSP on). Instead of loading the XMB, it goes to a blue screen with many different languages on it (the screen that says in English, "Setting information is corrupted. Press the O button to repair and restore default settings.). When I press "O," it resets, goes to the same screen, and after I press "O" again, the process repeats...

Does the fact that it keeps reseting tie into the system.dreg issue?

I've tried the WHOLE PROCESS twice so far, and both times the same thing happens. Is anyone else having this same problem?

This Unbricker business certainly is a wonderful thing, and hopefully I can get it to completely work... ...

\"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.\"

Inn3r-Child is offline -Hacks Ninja

What size is the memory card your using?

I am using a Sandisk 1gb stick.

*edit* I've been looking around for information about the file, system.dreg. It looks like that ties in with the XMB Font. I *did* put a custom font on my PSP a while back (I think I was running 3.10 OE), but I changed it back to normal with all of the original files... Could that have something to do with the system.dreg error message when I try to downgrade to 1.50?

Yeah but if your flashing it will replace those files anyway, have you tried a third time? Since its very new it maybe a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Inn3r-Child
    Yeah but if your flashing it will replace those files anyway, have you tried a third time? Since its very new it maybe a bug?
    Yeah, I tried again; same thing. :| It's like, it WANTS to WORK; I bricked my PSP a little over a month ago, and this is the first I've seen ANYTHING on the screen since then.

One (noob) would *think* that if I could get into the flash1, I could copy over the system.dreg backed up from my buddy's PSP (running 3.52-M33). I don't think I can get into the flash1, though, and if I could, I'm not *positive* that copy-and-pasting the system.dreg would work...

I'm trying to run the PSP out of juice (I'm leaving it on the blue "press O" screen), just for giggles... I've heard that iPods that crash can be fixed by running the battery out of juice, so I'm hoping that the same applies to PSPs. In the meantime, I'm looking into any alternatives I have to THAT hair-brained scheme...

Yeah but you would need 1.50 version not M33 because you flashed it using the stick and battery right? assuming you have a second ppsp (thus how you created the battery and stick) conver the battery back to normal and reinstall the pandora/jigkick part and reflash just incase something is curropt

I really appreciate your replies... I am going to keep doing it and doing it until it works, at this point. I even downgraded the working PSP to FW 1.50 (with RECOVERY feature) and did the whole process over just for giggles... Hopefully it'll work one of these times. :\

Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Man, same thing is happening for me..im trying to fix my friends psp..but I got the dreg error also and I also keep getting the fuckin BSOD..motherfucker!!! :mad:

coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor
    Man, same thing is happening for me..im trying to fix my friends psp..but I got the dreg error also and I also keep getting the fuckin BSOD..motherfucker!!! :mad:
    It's actually a *bit* of a relief that I'm not the only one having this problem. Perhaps there will be some kind of update that addresses the system.dreg error... I'm not counting on it, though, as I know beggars can't be choosers. Only developers can be choosers, and Dark_aleX (or anyone else of the Prometheus Project, for that matter) I am not.

What's the BSOD?

Guest is offline -Hacks Veteran

Blue Screen Of Death. I have 3.52 M33-4 and every time I change the fonts I get the BSOD I need to change the fonts to free up flash but at lease it's working so fuck the themes I guess for me. Battery 20 bucks a 512mb memory stick 14.99. Unbricking a PSP----------------------------------Priceless