Thread: How To Unbrick Ur Psp And Downgrade Ur 3.51 3.52 Mainly all firmwares

LeeTGam3R is offline -Hacks Smarty

IINSTALLATION PROCEDURE
    1. Using the USB connection, connect the PSP with the memory card inserted.
    2. Format the memory stick. You can use either Windows Explorer to format the disk, or use the PSP ‘Format Memory Stick’ option
    3. Extract the contents of the pandora.zip file to c:\pandora
    4. Open a DOS prompt (Start -> Run -> CMD -> <PRESS ENTER> )
    5. type ‘c:’ <PRESS ENTER> type ‘cd c:\pandora\mspformat’ <PRESS ENTER>
    6. type mspformat <drive letter> (in my case W) – ‘mspformat W’ <PRESS ENTER>
    7. Stop the USB connection, and unplug the memory stick (you can leave the cable connected). Seriously REMOVE THE STICK FROM THE PSP
    8. Plug the memory stick back in and reconnect to Windows
    9. Manually make the directory on the memory stick for PSP\GAME and PSP\GAME150 (GAME150 for custom firmwares like OE)
    10. Copy the two directories for each application into either the GAME or GAME150 directory (for me it was GAME150)
    11. Download the official 1.50 FW update from http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=4
    12. Extract the update and store it on the root of the MS, named UPDATE.PBP
    13. Stop the USB connection and go to the application ‘Pandora’s Battery Firm. Installer’ – this only takes a few moments.
    14. ONCE COMPLETED DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP – REMOVE THE MS FROM THE PSP AND POWER THE UNIT DOWN RE-INSERT THE MS AND POWER THE SYSTEM BACK ON
    15. Once completed, start the USB connection to the Windows PC.
    16. Copy the file msipl.bin from the MS to c:\pandora\msinst
    17. from a DOS prompt (referenced above) do the following
    18. type ‘cd c:\pandora\msinst’ <PRESS ENTER>
    19. type ‘msinst W msipl.bin’ <PRESS ENTER>
    20. ONCE COMPLETED DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP – REMOVE THE MS FROM THE PSP AND POWER THE UNIT DOWN RE-INSERT THE MS AND POWER THE SYSTEM BACK ON
    21. Now, browse over to the MS under games, and run the application ‘Pandora’s Battery Creator’ – I recommend backing up the eeprom of the battery just in case (it’s 1K , you’ve got plenty of space). The steps should be pretty obvious at this point, if you decide to backup the eeprom, you’ll have to re-enter the battery program to update the battery firmware.
    22. ONCE COMPLETED DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP – REMOVE THE MS FROM THE PSP AND POWER THE UNIT DOWN RE-INSERT THE MS AND ALSO REMOVE AND RE-INSERT THE (NOW MODDED) BATTERY. POWER THE SYSTEM BACK ON
    24. Congratulation, you are now in posession of a "Magic Memory Stick"
    25. and a "JigKick Battery".

In order for the system to actually work, POWER THE SYSTEM COMPLETELY OFF and unplug the battery and MS, plug them back in, and power on, voila you'll see the restore screen.

Lastly, as it says in the README, the 1.5FW is minimal at this point, perform an update to 2.0 and back to 1.5 or whatever else you're favorite custom is. At this point it's good as new. WARNING - I have a ta-079 ... the readme says ALL hardware versions. I won't have a chance to test it on ta-082 until tomorrow, someone else care to update tonight?

It really only takes a few minutes. Best of luck, I did this without a problem following the above steps.

Cheers to Team C+D

Restoring the battery.
    If you only have one battery and want to unbrick your PSP, you can.

1) Convert your battery into a jigkick one using "Pandora's Battery Creator", but before you press X, press TRIANGLE to backup your battery's EEPROM to ms0:/eeprom.bin
    2) Unbrick your PSP as normal
    3) When you are done unbricking, take out the battery and the magic memory stick. Start up the PSP using the AC adaptor (do not try to use a USB charger, it will not start up)
    4) Insert the magic memory stick and the magic battery
    5) Run "Pandora's Battery Creator" again
    6) Press L+R to restore the ms0:/eeprom.bin to your battery

NOTE: You can also restore a battery without having made a backup, by pressing SQUARE at step 6. This will generate a fake serial for your battery (0x12345678) which allows it to work normally, but there could be side-effects.

Have fun, and thanks to everyone in the Prometheus/C+D team.

get the files from this site and soon ill post a easy way of doing it like a easy unbricker ^^ so u wont need 2 psps ill tell u guys how
    and these posts on how to do it is not my writing i just copyed it from 2 ppl i dont no but u guys rock i hope u let me =]

My Psp Firmware History 1.50>2.71>1.50>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A semi brick>1.50>3.30OE-a>3.40OE-A-3.51M33>3.52M33-4 ^^ !!
    Suports : FC Barcelona

the_HM is offline -Hacks Smarty

we need a FAQ on this
    sry,, cant help my psp not TA82

can u use the MS after Unbrick
    and is the batt workn fine??

great tut
    should help alot
    hey,, i know it suck>> but this is what i can do for now :p

fat 3.90M33-2 + Large Original II Midnight Black
    1GiG sonyHS (full AVC) + 4GiG sanD (pops & lS0) thx DarKAleX {+[__]::}

thanks bro i hope that it gets stickied aswell :D sony dont sell the batterys no more i went to eb games to ask for 1 they said sony got all the batterys back over a *exploit* Lols anyway i fink ur psp will work even tho it is TA82 ^^

and yes u can use ur ms but u have to format it via pc :D

My Psp Firmware History 1.50>2.71>1.50>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A semi brick>1.50>3.30OE-a>3.40OE-A-3.51M33>3.52M33-4 ^^ !!

Jody2Breez is offline -Hacks Neophyte

so you upgraded your psp and on 3.52 psp you did all those steps with the 3.52 psp?
    Owner of a Phat PSP History--> 1.50- 2.71-3.50- 3.51- 3.52-3.71-1.5 pandora- 3.52m33-3.52m33-3 slow xmb- 1.5- 3.52m33-3.52m33-4-3.71m33-4 1.5 kernal addon. Nintendo wii for christmas. Downgraded 7 psp

no lol i did it with my m33 firmware not offical but i did try it with a offical 3.52 the pandora and it downgraded just fine

Adope is offline -Hacks Newbie

aah nice tut...but my psp has to be bricked?
    sorry for the question

wendy123 is offline -Hacks Member

no i dosent matter what firmware the psap has or even if its bricked. but u need some ones CFW psp to make a battery
    3.10-->3.50-->1.5-->3.52m33-4-->3.71m33-->3.52m33-4-->3.71m33-2