Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Community Spirit?

sepreath is offline -Hacks Veteran

Are we, the PSP community, losing spirit?

I remember, back before I had a forum account here, that every new development was
    congratulated and rewarded. It made the devs feel proud and a part of something. There
    were new and improved homebrew apps coming though and being worked on. Times
    were great.

Then I lost interest for quite a while in the PSP. But when I returned, I made a forum
    account, people seemed to be against the devs? I remember seeing a topic saying that
    Dax is a pile of *%^& for not releasing an SE version sooner! How is that attitude
    going to help the community?

However, with the release of OEs, the community began to swing around again, giving
    DAX congrats. Making sure all of the devs got their credit, supporting them again.

Now, I fear, it is turning again. Even some of the devs are turning on other devs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanjita
    The Last Hurrah

It's with much regret that I have to announce that I'm going to retire from the sharp end of the PSP homebrew scene. The betrayal of trust that preceded the Pandora release was extremely hurtful, and has left me unable to fully trust the people I'd previously enjoyed working so hard with. And so, I have had to decide to stop working on projects that require that level of trust.

Besides that, life continues to be very busy in the run up to fatherhood, and there are various non-PSP projects that I'd like to play with. Not to mention the fact that I'm tired of the continual pressure and idiocy of the PSP scene - long gone are the fun days of pioneering amongst like minds, in a mutually supportive and gentlemanly environment.

The Pandora Battery therefore marks my last major PSP project. I expect that Team C+D and Noobz will continue to release stuff without me, and I still hope to finish up some of the non-exploit projects that I'd been working on (Installotron, piKey etc.).

It was a fun ride while it lasted.
    We need a way to pull the community together again and give the devs moral support.
    If not, we may never see homebrew on the slim. Personally I think FUCK PIRACY. It's
    a pile of shit. Because of the tone of the community towards piracy Sony pulled their
    plans to release a PSP homebrew SDK. Now again, because of the tone of the community,
    devs are beginning to leave.

If you bothered to read all of that and agree with me then please post here and show
    your gratitude to all of the devs out there working their asses off, to make homebrew
    releases for all of us.

I don\'t give a crap about your firmware history

bullat is offline -Hacks Member

hi

Blood_breaker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

/me

"the devs saying "we are working on fixing this issue" well i'm working on having sex with Mandy Moore and Britney Spears
    at the same time, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen" ~Travisclees~

SkyDX is offline -Hacks Ninja

I'm very thankful for everything MPH, DarkAleX, Noobz, Team C+D Booster, AhMan and everyone else has done for PSP homebrew. I know what you mean.... we got used to homebrew so it's normal for us. However I experienced other days, homebrew was still very young and I was stuck at 2.00. The MPH Downgrader wasn't out yet and I hardly used my PSP, it was soo boring. But after MPH the World of Hombrew opened to me and my PSP became entertaining as hell. Think what the PSP would be without homebrew, don't treat it as normal! Just imagine, you come back to school and instead visiting friends you code an Emulator or something just to make other people happy... how would you feel if everyone would say "Fake!" or "work faster!" instead of "Thank you for the hard work :)"? Think about that....

XBOX Live ID: SkyyX | Wii Friend Code: 3148-9988-9956-8604

gamermanpsp is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I completely agree with you, people should be more thankful that people like fanjita and dark_alex created what they did. If it wasnt for fanjita and the GTA exploit, it would have taken longer for people to get homebrew on 2.01+ I praise the M33 team for following dark_ales's footsteps in creating custom firmware. Personally, I thank fanjita for the GTA exploit, Dark_Alex, and the M33 Team. If it wasnt for them, I would probably still have Sony' Firmware.
    PSP 1000 - 2.0 - 2.5 - 2.6 - 2.71 - 2.8 - Trade for PSP 1001 with 2.5 - Downgrade to 1.5
    PSP 1001 - 2.5 - 1.5 - 2.0 - 1.5 - 3.3 OE - 3.4 OE - 3.5 M33 - 3.51 M33 - 3.8 M33 - 4.01 M33 - PSP got thrown against wall - Bought use PSP with 4.01 OFW
    PSP 1001 - 4.01 - Pandora with DC7 - 4.01 M33 - 5.0 M33

Nacos is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by bullat
    hi

Cyonix is offline -Hacks Guru

i, for one, am grateful

after all, without the devs, all i'd have to play is the original Monster Hunter Freedom (which is a good game, but homebrew makes the PSP so much better)

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Im also thankfull for the work of all those ppl. That´s the only "Spirit" i think is worth preserving. The rest is just a matter of interest on the psp, which is naturally declining as time goes by. Anyways, i hope the dev community conyinues to support the psp for a longe time ahead.

Tharifika is offline -Hacks Member

thnx guys some ppl are retarded and dont realize that these ppl take time out of their lives to do all these things if u want them to work faster y dont u figure it out urself? think its fake? then i guess its ur loss thnx to all the devs u guys are awsome and have made my PSP amazing

PSP is the future.

jaguar8311 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I agree, We should thank these developers for taking their time to make our PSP purchase that much better.
    FREE PSP Accesories,Xbox Live Cards and more!

http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=25386

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast