Thread: Buying a PSP for Christmas NOW/LATER

nyck is offline -Hacks Newbie

My son wants a PSP and i;ll get him one for Christmas,I'm not sure to buy one now or wait until nearer Christmas my daughter wants a DS and my head is in a Spin looking at DS + PSP forums etc as i'n new to this.

I thinking of buying now ie PSP1 as i will want to upgrade it and not sure if the PSP1 will still be about Chritsmas time .I'm not sure about the PSP2 if it will be able to be upgraded by Christmas I'm in a panic.

I'm looking to upgradeit my self are all the PSP1 has the 3.52 firmware or does it depend ,is there a way of telling what firmware just buy the box

Any advice welcome

thanks nyck

Blood_breaker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

doesnt matter for psp1 if you can figure out how to use pandoras battery then all psp1 can be downgraded and then custom firmware... as for the psp2 well, we'd have to wait and see if it works or not... either way im sure psp1 will have a price cut either when psp2000 series hits or around christmas....

"the devs saying "we are working on fixing this issue" well i'm working on having sex with Mandy Moore and Britney Spears
    at the same time, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen" ~Travisclees~

Rich is offline -Hacks Veteran

Its a tough decision to make, hmm you could just give him the money for it and tell him to wait just a bit longer incase the PSP2000 flops and cant handle homebrew?

palencia is offline -Hacks Smarty

DS is crap go for the psp:mrgreenthumbsup:

palencia is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_breaker
    doesnt matter for psp1 if you can figure out how to use pandoras battery then all psp1 can be downgraded and then custom firmware... as for the psp2 well, we'd have to wait and see if it works or not... either way im sure psp1 will have a price cut either when psp2000 series hits or around christmas....
    psp1? psp2? psp2000? lol wtf its the PSP or the PSP slim :surprised:

Blood_breaker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by palencia
    well the psp 1000 is the one everyone has now, the official name for the psp slim is the psp 2000......

"the devs saying "we are working on fixing this issue" well i'm working on having sex with Mandy Moore and Britney Spears
    at the same time, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen" ~Travisclees~

Rich is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by palencia
    PSP1000/PSP1 is the original PSP
    PSP2000/PSP2 is the slim PSP