Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first pandora downgrade...

Lo Fi Horror is offline -Hacks Newbie

Bought another psp (new) at the store today and suprised to see it came with 3.51 as my last one came with 2.5 ( or somthing close, i forgot) Sacrificed an old battery to make the pandora, didnt purposely brick the $ony 3.51, just pandora'd that beast right over top the working official firmware and success :) went to 1.50 the straight to m33. I have seen recent posts numerous times of people still asking about if the pandora will work on 3.51 and up FW's so thats another reason i wrote this. Thanks to everyone involved in the pandora prokect and to psp-hacks.com.

Psp = 82 board, m33 3.52-2, alcohol, nicotine, and strippers, er....huh?

Nacos is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Well, nice to hear.. theres a success thread of teh battery, post your story tehre too so we can estimate a success rate.. hopefully 100%.

Vaughan14 is offline -Hacks Guru

I can't wait to have my other psp up and running!

I have 3 psp's and 1 working battery...

Dark Scribble Theme One year Anniversary!
    I am Retired, see me at www.nintendo-hacks.com

impakt55 is offline -Hacks Veteran

im gona use the pandora soon, on 2 of my mates psp's so i hope i have the same success

3x3eyes is offline -Hacks Neophyte

used it on about 7 psp's already and 3 of em were bricked, worked everytime.
    only one problem i had was one of the bricked psp's wont read the disc at all, just stays on xmb with the loading icon on the bottom of the screen.
    anyone know how to fix this problem? or is the lens buggered? coz thats what i just assumed

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

I heard theres a way to make the battery go back to (almost) normal. True?

freebeer187 is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch
    I heard theres a way to make the battery go back to (almost) normal. True?
    yea

Fretless is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by 3x3eyes
    used it on about 7 psp's already and 3 of em were bricked, worked everytime.
    only one problem i had was one of the bricked psp's wont read the disc at all, just stays on xmb with the loading icon on the bottom of the screen.
    anyone know how to fix this problem? or is the lens buggered? coz thats what i just assumed
    It's interesting to hear that someone else besides me is having that problem... I thought that the lens might need to be cleaned, and I still have yet to try it... Not to be pessimistic about the situation, but I have a feeling that my PSP has a corrupt idstorage, which, according to the Pandora readme.txt, cannot be fixed by any known method.

I thought that when I restored the NAND from a dump (nand-dump.bin) of a 100% working PSP would replace any bad files within idstorage, but I guess not...

Let me know if you get it to work, and what you did.
    \"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.\"

pspsdabest is offline -Hacks Newbie

I use pandora on two psp official 3.51 fw and both are now 1.5. Worked like a charm. It's pretty simple just read instructions carefully. Yes you can turn your battery back to normal but just buy another one this way you will never have to do install the files again. It's a lenghty process. Once everything is done you just install the "magic memory stick" and the jigkick battery" to any psp, bricked or not it doesn't matter, and it will downgrade it to 1.5 in less than a minute. Make sure you put a normal battery back and your good to go.

P.S. You need to have a psp that can run homebrew to be able to make the battery and memory stick files. Once files are made you put the battery and memory stick in the psp that needs to be downgraded or unbricked.

pspsdabest is offline -Hacks Newbie

By the way we should all say thanks to all these people for making this possible Prometheus team (Team C+D):
    Adrahil (VoidPointer), Booster, Cswindle (Caretaker), Dark_AleX (Malyot), Ditlew, Fanjita (FullerMonty), Joek2100 (CosmicOverSoul), Jim, Mathieulh (WiseFellow), Nem (h1ckeyph0rce), Psp250, Skylark, and TyRaNiD (bockscar).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast