Thread: WIFI Button broken

Spoon1337 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well today my friend bought a PSP, hacked it for him etc. We were playing dungeon siege, well were and I found my WIFI button to be extremely loose. Any bump would make it slide. So i thought it should be right. Played for a bit, then disconnected cause of the WIFI turning off, the button was placed in the up position which is on. Still no WIFI. Now, it makes a rattling inside. I took the wifi button off and it looks like the switch has broken off. I dont really want to fix it myself. Id rather return it.

Ive had it for like, 9 days. My friend who works at the store I bought it from said hes not 100% sure about the return policy. They might send it away or refund. Hopefully refund/exchange.

But, has anyone else had this problem. The wifi has been loose and broken for a bit as I tried connecting to the internet a bit back and it just kept saying WIFI is off when it was switched on.

Mike[dot]420 is offline -Hacks God

exchange it...

go in pissed that you just spent 160 bucks on a piece of plastic that doesn't work and rattling. tell them your friends have psps and theyve never had this problem.. then say i don't want a refund i just want a new one so you can playgames with my friends.

usually works on older female cashiers at the service desk :)

3.71 SONY PTF THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    3.71 FLASH0/CXMB THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    Installing a flash or cxmb theme? Click HERE !!

Rich is offline -Hacks Veteran

Does it have CFW? If so, you might wanna make sure that you can get your money back and dont let them offer you the chance to send it away to Sony to be fixed.

stephan001 is offline -Hacks Smarty

my WIFI switch was meesed too so i gave it to them and they sad theyll fix it. and if they cant theyll replace it. i just hope there not going to be a new firmwire soon cuz its in sony's hands rite now :o :puke:

Mike[dot]420 is offline -Hacks God

..... what is this talk of the store trying to fix it or sending it to sony ?

dont they just give you a brand new psp out of a box and take your old one and send it to sony ?

3.71 SONY PTF THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    3.71 FLASH0/CXMB THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    Installing a flash or cxmb theme? Click HERE !!

stephan001 is offline -Hacks Smarty

i live in toronto if u do to then u shuld noe. although i was hoping that would happen. but they also give me a new one if it passses 60 days :)

Spoon1337 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Im in australia. The stores dont buy the stock from sony, sony supplies it. So a loss isnt the department stores its sonys.

I dont know what the original frimware that was on it, but I did downgrade to 1.50 then to 2.71. The letter on the barcode was L. I dont know where it is atm. I got someone else to take it into the shop as I dont have time on my hands atm.

Lil Peel is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

send it for repair - NOT to sony
    4Chans most epic fail quote:
    "This is what I do when I see a 360. I turn 360 DEGREES and walk away"
    PS3 ID/gamertag - LilPeel