Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Buying a new PSP...

  
  1. #1
    xnvb is offline -Hacks Neophyte
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    ...does anyone know which firmware version is loaded on newer PSPs? Not one of the slim ones, just a newer regular one. Is there any way to tell which version is on it by looking at the box?


  2. #2
    Nextek is offline -Hacks Ninja
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    GTFO MY INTERWEB! Rank: No\"1 ™
    Posts
    785
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xnvb
    ...does anyone know which firmware version is loaded on newer PSPs? Not one of the slim ones, just a newer regular one. Is there any way to tell which version is on it by looking at the box?
    does it matter? they can all be downgraded (not the slim psp's)
    I own teh interwebs -

  3. #3
    PSPownz is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the Mat
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Yes, look on the box code and on the 3rd line look for a letter whatever letter it is means you have that firmware...
    A= 1.50
    B=1.51
    C,D,E=1.52
    F=2.00
    G=2.01
    H= 2.50
    I= 2.60

  4. #4
    xnvb is offline -Hacks Neophyte
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nextek
    Quote Originally Posted by xnvb
    ...does anyone know which firmware version is loaded on newer PSPs? Not one of the slim ones, just a newer regular one. Is there any way to tell which version is on it by looking at the box?
    does it matter? they can all be downgraded (not the slim psp's)
    It does matter because I'm trying to find out if I can find another one that can be downgraded by using a copy of GTA that I already have, rather than getting one that I also need to locate Lumines to downgrade.

  5. #5
    PSPownz is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the Mat
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSPownz
    Yes, look on the box code and on the 3rd line look for a letter whatever letter it is means you have that firmware...
    A= 1.50
    B=1.51
    C,D,E=1.52
    F=2.00
    G=2.01
    H= 2.50
    I= 2.60
    Note: the box code looks something like this-
    _________
    | PSP-1001K |
    | 120V |
    | Letter Here |
    __________

  6. #6
    xnvb is offline -Hacks Neophyte
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSPownz
    Yes, look on the box code and on the 3rd line look for a letter whatever letter it is means you have that firmware...
    A= 1.50
    B=1.51
    C,D,E=1.52
    F=2.00
    G=2.01
    H= 2.50
    I= 2.60
    Thanks :) Is this is consistent with all boxes?

  7. #7
    Mike[dot]420 is offline -Hacks God
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    PSP[dot]420\'s PSP !!!!!!!
    Posts
    3,278
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xnvb
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPownz
    Yes, look on the box code and on the 3rd line look for a letter whatever letter it is means you have that firmware...
    A= 1.50
    B=1.51
    C,D,E=1.52
    F=2.00
    G=2.01
    H= 2.50
    I= 2.60
    Thanks :) Is this is consistent with all boxes?
    no its not

    my psp brand new out of box was a ta-082 2.60 my box looks like this

    ----------------------------
    | PSP-1001 |
    | UC2 120V |
    | ss259 K |
    | BARCODES--- |
    ------------------------------

    3.71 SONY PTF THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    3.71 FLASH0/CXMB THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    Installing a flash or cxmb theme? Click HERE !!

  8. #8
    xnvb is offline -Hacks Neophyte
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psp[dot]420
    Quote Originally Posted by xnvb
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPownz
    Yes, look on the box code and on the 3rd line look for a letter whatever letter it is means you have that firmware...
    A= 1.50
    B=1.51
    C,D,E=1.52
    F=2.00
    G=2.01
    H= 2.50
    I= 2.60
    Thanks :) Is this is consistent with all boxes?
    no its not

    my psp brand new out of box was a ta-082 2.60 my box looks like this

    ----------------------------
    | PSP-1001 |
    | UC2 120V |
    | ss259 K |
    | BARCODES--- |
    ------------------------------
    Then perhaps letters I-K have 2.60? It would make sense.

  9. #9
    Nextek is offline -Hacks Ninja
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    GTFO MY INTERWEB! Rank: No\"1 ™
    Posts
    785
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xnvb
    Quote Originally Posted by Nextek
    Quote Originally Posted by xnvb
    ...does anyone know which firmware version is loaded on newer PSPs? Not one of the slim ones, just a newer regular one. Is there any way to tell which version is on it by looking at the box?
    does it matter? they can all be downgraded (not the slim psp's)
    It does matter because I'm trying to find out if I can find another one that can be downgraded by using a copy of GTA that I already have, rather than getting one that I also need to locate Lumines to downgrade.
    if you already have one (with homebrew?) then just use pandora to downgrade the new one.


    if not then i understand :/


    and i remember and older thread with box information..
    I own teh interwebs -

  10. #10
    PSPownz is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the Mat
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xnvb
    Quote Originally Posted by psp[dot]420
    Quote Originally Posted by xnvb
    Thanks :) Is this is consistent with all boxes?
    no its not

    my psp brand new out of box was a ta-082 2.60 my box looks like this

    ----------------------------
    | PSP-1001 |
    | UC2 120V |
    | ss259 K |
    | BARCODES--- |
    ------------------------------
    Then perhaps letters I-K have 2.60? It would make sense.
    Yes, I think you're right the document I had only listed up to the letter "I".
    Note: Yes, this information is consistent it's just that it didn't list up to the letter "K".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •