Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSP 1000 is going to be back doored

Guest is offline -Hacks Veteran

If the New slim has 64mb of flash and it get hacked and like sony update after update. Lets say it get hacked alot (we all hope it does) and sony updates pass 32mb of flash" lets say 40mb pass AKA 4.00FW " what's going to happened to the PSP 1000 with the new games that require the update?????????? Are our old psp's going to be junk because of the slim getting hacked and the PSP 1000 can only handle 32mb of flash space. So we just paid sony for there PSP system and now 2 years later it's outdated and were going to give them more money for the same look like PSP with more flash space and slimmer oh and I almost forgot TV out. Can't forget the TV output...........

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

RAM and Flash are different. Both PSPs will have the same amount of flash space (32mb) for the firmware to be saved in...same firmware.

The new PSP will have more RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch
    RAM and Flash are different. Both PSPs will have the same amount of flash space (32mb) for the firmware to be saved in...same firmware.

The new PSP will have more RAM
    oh so I can delete this post :sigh: I thought the slim would have 64mb flash?????????

_prototype_ is offline -Hacks Newbie

If you were to dump the NAND flash off the old PSP, the size would be exacly: 34,603,008 Bytes. Thats appoximately 33mB. However, the new PSP slim can hold much more flash than that. G1 is correct in worrying. Its completely new information, It can hold approximately 66MBs, accordding to the PSP hacker Mathieulh. Check out the new at:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20478

Anyway, I don't think they'll surpass the original NAND flash limit, as most of the psps out there are not slim YET. Its kinda like the Xbox 360 core user versus the premium, no harddrive support for core, no games that fully require the hdd yet.

No the slim comes with 64mb of flash <PSP®「プレイステーション・ポータブル」(PSP-2000)商品概要>
    商品名称 PSP®「プレイステーション・ポータブル」
    外形寸法 約169.4 x 18.6 x 71.4 mm (幅×高さ×奥行き)(最大突起部除く)
    質量 約189g (バッテリー含む)
    CPU PSP CPU(動作周波数1~333MHz)
    メイン・メモリ 64MB
    ディスプレイ 4.3インチ 16:9ワイドスクリーンTFT液晶
    480 x 272ピクセル 1,677万色
    サウンド ステレオスピーカー内蔵
    主なI/O ワイヤレスLAN (IEEE 802.11b準拠)(Wi-Fi)
    High Speed USB (USB2.0準拠) (mini-B)
    メモリースティック PRO デュオ™
    アナログ ビデオアウト
    and the psp we have has 32mb of flash Product Code PDP-1001K Dimensions Approximately 6.7 in (W) x 2.9 in (H) x .9 in (D) Weight Approximately 280g / .62 lbs (including battery) CPU PSP CPU (System clock frequency 1 - 333MHz) Main Memory 32MB Embeded DRAM 4MB Display 4.3 inch, 16:9 Wide screen TFT LCD
    480 x 272 pixel, 16.77 million colors
    Maximum luminance 180 / 130 / 80cd/m2 (when using battery pack)
    Maximum luminance 200 / 180 / 130 / 80cd/m2 (when using AC adaptor)

808stunna is offline -Hacks Smarty

i think that its inevitable that everything will faze out or get replaced and become usless junk. if you take a look back in time you will see that the oiginal nintendo system eventually became obsolete. so we may still play the games but the system itself is no longer in use. its evolution. the psp will be replaced with somthing else better in a years. in about 10 years psp will be usless junk.
    I Kick Cats

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by _prototype_
    If you were to dump the NAND flash off the old PSP, the size would be exacly: 34,603,008 Bytes. Thats appoximately 33mB. However, the new PSP slim can hold much more flash than that. G1 is correct in worrying. Its completely new information, It can hold approximately 66MBs, accordding to the PSP hacker Mathieulh. Check out the new at:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20478
    Twice the RAM and twice the flash space?

spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran

it still makes no sense beacuse if you really wanted to take advantage of it you would have to make the game psp slim only.
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

_prototype_ is offline -Hacks Newbie

Twice the RAM and twice the flash space?
    No, twice the Flash, and the same ram. thats: 66MBs of Flash NAND and 32MBs of ram. Adding extra ram might have implications on already-released PSP games.

The only way I can think they can update the PSP 1000 is to put a file in flash and link it to the memory card to get the extra 32mb flash space to get us 64mb flash. but then we could never use the 32mb sd card. :cool:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast