Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: * Warning * for ppl buying TV out Cables for PSP Slim

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Not sure if everyone is aware of this but there is two official cables available for the PSP
    One of them can play games,video,pics,music and internet on your TV
    and the other one cannot display games but can display all other content

The one that can display everything is called a "Component AV Cable" and consists of 5 connecters ......
    2 are for Audio and the other 3 are the Y , PB/CB , PR/CR for video

The other Cable is a Composite Cable and its called a "AV Cable" which consists of the 3 connectors
    2 for Audio and one for Video and stated in the small print on the back of the box it says " This product cannot be used to display images from games on a tv screen "

These Cables was purchased in canada im not sure if these cables differ across the world

So be sure to read the fine print b4 buying a cable for your PSP

*** EDIT *** just found this while searching google *******

Out now.

1) regular composite cable, also known as an RCA cable. Has three color coded ends, red, yellow and white.
    This cable will not show games on a tv period. However you will be able to browse the web, play umd movies, and pictures and/or movies from your mem stick.

2) Component cable. Has five color coded ends. Blue, Green, Red plus two audio, a white and another red. This cable is capable of carrying the signal that the PSP requires to display a game on the tv. The signal is 480p, where p stands for progressive scan. You can also send a 480i signal over the same cable, where i stands for interlace, however the PSP will not allow you to output a game display when set to 480i.
    Now the tricky part. Some older tvs, and even some of the new LCD tvs may have one or more inputs for component cables. However, not all component ins will support a 480p signal, some will only display a 480i signal. Therefore, be sure to check that the component input on the tv you want to use will display a 480p signal. Sometimes manufacturers will put HD in above the inputs that will support 480p or higher, which can help figure out which ones to use. If you have a next gen game console , or a good dvd player hooked up to those inputs, chances are it will display a 480p signal. An inexpensive EDTV, or enhanced definition tv supports 480p.

Coming soon.

some online sites also list two other cable options as coming soon. They are:

3) s-video cable. Normally these carry an interlaced signal, so it seems unlikely you will be able to display a game using it.

4) A D terminal cable. Although it carries the necessary signal for game display, it is usually found only on Japanese electronics. Although it looks like a VGA computer cable, it is not compatible with a vga in on a tv or monitor.

So if you don't have a component in on your tv that support 480p, or you wish to use a computer monitor, are you out of luck?

well no, but the solutions get a little more costly at this point. The easiest solution may be to purchase a vga converter, such as VDigi Electronics’ VD-Z3 and Neoya’s X2VGA. These boxes will take a component in signal, and convert it to a vga signal. There are probably other options available that you can find, but make sure you search for a component out to vga solution, not the other way around. There are many cable that will take a vga out to a component in, but thats the opposite of what you need to play your psp games on the tv.

prethinker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

thanks im getting this when it comes out in washington,tacoma

FamilyGuy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Psp_HaX0r
    you need the componet cable to watch games and you can BUY it here NOT A PRE ORDER SHIPS IN 2 DAYS STANDERD I THINK
    go to frys.com and search av cable (not cables)
    Nice find :mrgreenthumbsup:
    ;)

Just Buy A Friggin PS3 Already Waiting on Ninja Gaidan Sigma 2
    Ps3 Fan Service

Blood_breaker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

thanks for the heads up

"the devs saying "we are working on fixing this issue" well i'm working on having sex with Mandy Moore and Britney Spears
    at the same time, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen" ~Travisclees~

Can component cables be converted to a diffrent connection eg S-Video via some sort of AV Converter box ?

just a thought for ppl with older TV's who may have s-video but not component connections on their TV's

*EDIT* After googling it appears that S-Video only supports interlaced signal so games still won't be display

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

there both the same

one is for HD tv's
    the other is for regular TV's

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88
    there both the same

one is for HD tv's
    Sorry bro but u r wrong ... i have them both infront of me and even attempting to start a game with the AV Cable brings up a error message telling you to connect a different cable ..... it even states on the box that u will not be able to play games with the Composite AV cable

So if u havent got a good TV and u wanted this feature then the PSP Slim is a waste of money

FamilyGuy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jibbz
    there both the same

one is for HD tv's
    Sorry bro but u r wrong ... i have them both infront of me and even attempting to start a game with the AV Cable brings up a error message telling you to connect a different cable ..... it even states on the box that u will not be able to play games with the Composite AV cable

So if u havent got a good TV and u wanted this feature then the PSP Slim is a waste of money
    He's right

Can component cables be converted to a diffrent connection eg S-Video via some sort of AV Converter box ?

just a thought for ppl with older TV's who may have s-video but not component connections on their TV's

*EDIT* After googling it appears that S-Video only supports interlaced signal so games still won't be display
    Because of this...

Just Buy A Friggin PS3 Already Waiting on Ninja Gaidan Sigma 2
    Ps3 Fan Service

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGuy
    there both the same

one is for HD tv's

He's right

Because of this...
    I figured he meant that the two psp slim cables are the same and would both work with games but one is for older TV's

Joe Smith is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

So with my old 14 inch tv i cant watch my games/videos? ever?
    PSP™ Slim & Lite (Piano Black) - Custom Firmware 3.71 M33-2

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast