Thread: i'm buying used psp

bob4eb is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi, guys. I'm from Bulgaria and I have a few questinons to ask you.
    A friend of mine has offered to sell me his psp. He says it's brand new and have even have a valid guarantee. He wants to buy the new psp s&l that's why he sells the fat. It has been hacked he told me so I could play games on it. My question is how can I should I check if there is something wrong with the PSP. I mean I have never see, neither touched or have had experience with one. How am I supposed if it's going to be a good trade. Please help me!!
    Thank you very much!

bob4eb is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi, guys. I'm from Bulgaria and I have a few questinons to ask you.
    A friend of mine has offered to sell me his psp. He says it's brand new and even has a valid guarantee. He wants to buy the new psp s&l that's why he sells the fat. It has been hacked he told me so I could play games on it. My question is how can I check if there is something wrong with the PSP. I mean I have never seen, neither touched or had any experience with one. How am I supposed to know if it's going to be a good trade. Please help me!!
    Thank you very much!

sorry for the mistakes in the first post

gregerson316 is offline -Hacks Guru

1) If it turns on.

2) Check to see if wifi works.

3) Do speakers (sound) work?

4) All buttons work?

5) UMD (CD) drive work?

6) Does the battery charge?

7) And also make sure what Firmware it is. If its 1.50, any OE or M33 version, its good.

If I missed anything feel free to correct me anyone.
    WHERE WRESTLING MATTERS!

DorifutoRabbit is offline -Hacks Newbie

First of all, make sure it can switch on, it sounds obvious, but if hes just trying to get rid of a broken PSP the you'd have to watch out. Also, you could check the version of the firmware to see if its hacked or not, thats accessible through settings\system settings\system info in the menu. If, for example its using 3.52 M33, then it should say "3.52 M33", or something to that effect, but if its just a number like "3.52", then it might be standard. If like you said, its still guaranteed, then if there's any faults with the PSPs wiring and such, then the guarantee should cover it. Basically, just be careful, and if you trust the guy, it should be fine, but there's a few people that are just jerks that you have to keep an eye out for.
    xCamera background for official XMB - check it out!