Thread: downgrading/pandora

tails2 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I just have a general question that may have an obvious answer, i reckon I already know the answer and hopefully I am right.

I was wondering, if I make a pandora battery and memeory stick, downgrade a psp that is either on official or cfw with it and use official or cfw to upgrade again to say 3.52-4 M33.... would it have all the same charateristics and firmware/software as if i had just upgraded a 1.50 to 3.52-4 normally.

the reason i am asking is because of the whole thing of only having a minimal 1.50 kernal after you downgrade with the battery. i have read that when you upgrade it will be fine but i would just appreciate a direct answer so i can do my nephews psp when i go home at christmas.

much appreciate any help given. thanks.

EclipseSin is offline -Hacks Ninja

The minimal 1.50 kernel is actually what runs pandora on the stick, after you downgrade, it's just like having a 1.50 psp if you use the kxploitpatcher and keycleaner. So after you upgrade, it will just be like having official firmware 3.52, with the added features and abilities of Custom firmware, such as iso's and themes.

To be honest, pops on 3.52 seemed to work better after I used pandora, it could just be cause I formatted my normal memory stick lately, but Final Fantasy 8 hasn't froze on me yet and I'm on disc 3 so... yea. Use to not get off disc 2.. Might of been the format but I see overall perfomance difference honestly... Then again, I am also stoned at the moment so.. Yea. But the first paragraph of this post is correct. I've been around here too long to be wrong even when im baked... It's sad :P

tails2 is offline -Hacks Newbie

hahah thanks for the info EclipseSin, one last question. i also read about when you are formating the memory sticjk that you should not have used the psp format option but rather use the pc version. would it make a difference if i have previously used the psp option and then try to use the pc option when doing this, something to do with ipxconfig or something, could be way off on the file name, or does it matter at all?

EclipseSin is offline -Hacks Ninja

yes, sort of. you need to use mspformat so it will move the partition on the memory stick a bit so it can write the ipl code to the memorystick, otherwise pandora won't load, and neither will your psp (atleast with the battery in anyways).

One thing. If you don't have two memory sticks, or two psp batteries, after you downgrade, you will have to use just the ac adapter to power on the psp and boot into the xmb (afterwise you can insert your battery though) until you can run the pandora battery app again and turn it back into a normal battery.