Thread: just some really nooby questions -sry that it had to be asked-

nightfireop is offline -Hacks Newbie

i'm serious, i'm very brand new at this, if it wouldn't be a hassle, could someone help explain some of the questions i have:

1) what does firmware mean?
    2) when you guys say bricking your psp, you mean like break it?
    3) i heard psp slim is unable to be cracked, but i remembered an old hacking truth that "no system is safe". and i only see tutorials on cracking the "fat" psp so far.
    4) how come just putting an emulator on any psp is easier said than done? i mean like on computer, if i wanted to play atari 2600, i just find an emulator and find a rom.

once again, sorry that i had to ask, but i'm really having a hard time trying to understand all the terms and concepts. hopefully i don't make a bad impression around here.:mrgreenthumbsup:

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

Try Help section when asking questions.

_vamp_ is offline -Hacks Ninja

1) Firmware is the operating system of the psp (like windows or linux for pc)
    2) Brick means that you have rendered you psp useless (not playable) and therefore its like you are owning a brick.
    3) the psp slim is cracked and has a custom firmware for it. there are tutorials about hacking it in the tutorial section
    4) it is easy. you just need to put the emulator in the GAME folder and the roms in the rom folder of the emulator folder

Δεν θέλω τα όνειρά τους για μένα

nightfireop is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks for your help vamp :) much appreciation

Iceman is offline -Hacks Member

If you have any other questions like that, you can take a look at my Big PSP Guide (Link in my signature). I try to update that fairely often, so you'll probably find any terms your looking for in there.