Thread: Psp Tv

Live DD is offline Banned -Hacks Member

Is this possible? I've seen adapters on the internet, but are they worth it? do they really work? even just local channels. )sorry if this has been asked a million times. I used search but it said zero hits =(

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

the tv adapter for the psp........do your mean the psp-to-tv adapters?
    if thats the case, no it isnt. Mike[dot]420 found out that you can get the connected display settings (that normally exist on the psp slim) on the older fat psp's by replacing the vshmain.prx. From the pictures he has posted, it appears to have all the settings, errors, and so on.
    The only problem is that there isnt any tv-out cables that fit in the fat psp's slot. Although it should be possible to mod the psp remote and a pair of tv-out plugs (audio left, audio right, and display cords......normally yellow, red, and white cords) and use the that way.
    Its still a mystery and i for one would be willing to try it but i dont have a fat psp to test it with.

and if your talking about the 1seg tv tuner for the psp, it wont work outside of japan. i assume there is some way to region unlock the device (may be through homebrew code or connected by computer and region unlocking software) so that it may receive all available signals and connect when selected to but for now, only japan.

bottom line for both. it just depends
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

Live DD is offline Banned -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midian
    and if your talking about the 1seg tv tuner for the psp, it wont work outside of japan. i assume there is some way to region unlock the device (may be through homebrew code or connected by computer and region unlocking software) so that it may receive all available signals and connect when selected to but for now, only japan.

bottom line for both. it just depends
    yes, this is what I meant. I saw that just now on my latest google search. that sux its only for the slim and in japan, but i thought i had seen other adapters.