Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSP Phat or Slim

MetalNut is offline -Hacks Newbie

I hope u guys will take me seriously. I need advice on buying a PSP. Which version is better for homebrew and so on. Ive heard Slims bricking and being unfixable, even with pandora's battery. Also which version is easier to hack? With a fat PSP will i need pandora's battery? I feel like such a noob. Any advice is appreciated. :)

Cheesymcsausage is offline -Hacks Smarty

Id say a Phat PSP is better... Its been around for longer and has more homebrew. But then on the PSP Slim it has the TVout option. The only thing that stopped me from buying a slim was that Ive heard that playing games on Slim takes up only 70% of the screen while in TVOut option...

MetalNut is offline -Hacks Newbie

woot, some1 replied. thanks man.

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

lol nobody replaied because this qustion has been answered.

he says fat, i say slim. think about it:
    1)slimmer
    2)lighter
    3)faster
    4)more nand
    5)tv connectivity
    6)already hacked

most......strike that ALL of the homebrew coming out is compatible with the slim. the only thing its missing is the 1.50 kernel which will come out eventually. the only problem is that most of it is copywriten by sony so they have to make their own from scratch.
    and then when they release a prx or something that can get you auto-tv out you can play your homebrew threw your tv. i mean how kick ass is that????

over all, the slim is way better than the old one. the only thing holding it back is the 1.50 kernel which im sure will be worth the wait.
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

Mike[dot]420 is offline -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by Midian
    lol nobody replaied because this qustion has been answered.

he says fat, i say slim. think about it:
    1)slimmer
    2)lighter
    3)faster
    4)more nand
    5)tv connectivity
    6)already hacked

most......strike that ALL of the homebrew coming out is compatible with the slim. the only thing its missing is the 1.50 kernel which will come out eventually. the only problem is that most of it is copywriten by sony so they have to make their own from scratch.
    and then when they release a prx or something that can get you auto-tv out you can play your homebrew threw your tv. i mean how kick ass is that????

over all, the slim is way better than the old one. the only thing holding it back is the 1.50 kernel which im sure will be worth the wait.
    f*ck the 1.50 kernel... let it die and lets bring the 3.71 kernel to its knees.

3.71 SONY PTF THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    3.71 FLASH0/CXMB THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    Installing a flash or cxmb theme? Click HERE !!

Berserker is offline -Hacks Smarty

Slim, it has everything the phat has, except more contrast to the screen, the sound is directed at you so that is better. Buttons are better, and it is more portable. I remember the phat, but I am spoiled by the slim (got with best buy replacement plan). I would not go back to the phat ever.

Mike[dot]420 is offline -Hacks God

i will own both. just like i still have ALL of my game console at my dads house for them to play :) old ppl cant keep up with xbox games....

3.71 SONY PTF THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    3.71 FLASH0/CXMB THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    Installing a flash or cxmb theme? Click HERE !!

slaphappygamer is offline -Hacks Guru

if you want homebrew. get a fatty.
    my psp is my bitch

babelfish is offline -Hacks Newbie

It amazes me how everyone always fails to mention the Lite's greatest strength -- it's d-pad. The phat d-pad is absolutely TERRIBLE (almost impossible to hit diagonals), while the Lite's is perfect, and I dare say the best d-pad I've ever used. Playing 2D fighters on the Lite is an absolute dream. That fact alone made me choose the Lite.

slaphappygamer is offline -Hacks Guru

thats a great reason. i fuckin hate the d-pad. ill play contra (for the nes) and instead of running and shooting down diagonally. ill duck. now, the analog does relieve some of that stress, but its a nes game. i need a good d pad.
    my psp is my bitch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast