Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: why doesn't sony make a PSP GPS or camera for the U.S.

Tetris89 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

whats taking so long?

The PSP Camera and PSP GPS attachment were first announced for the PSP in March 2006

PSP camera was released in Japan on November 1, 2006 for $42 USD it has also been released in Singapore on the same month for SGD various and Europe in 2006 for £34.99 under the name of the Go!Cam. Included with the camera is the Go!Edit software for the PSP that can be used to enhance captured movies and photos with sound effects and graphical features

The GPS receiver features support for GPS-enabled games such as a projected re-release or update of Hot Shot Golf, as well as Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops.

The GPS Receiver went on sale in Japan December 7, 2006 for $50 USD and is set for release in Europe under the name Go!Explore in 2008

Both the Camera and GPS peripherals have been confirmed for the U.S. but no date has been stated

:posessed:

Grafh is offline -Hacks Member

"whats taking so long?"

The US is fairly larger then Japan. >_>

Last I heard Sony is bringing the GPS to the States. I'm sure the reason it took so long was the size of the US itself.
    Sadly I was hoping for it by the end of the year, but it doesn't look like it.

Your best option for now is to get the GPS unit (import) and use the Map This! homebrew program. I use it, does the job very well.

zshaggy is offline -Hacks Neophyte

If they decide to releace anything like that its going to to be programed for the Slim, and the fat will probbley be exstinced by then..

Syfreak :posessed:

(fat)1.5-2.0-2.71SEc-3.03OEc-3.10OEa2-3.40OEa-3.51M33-3.52M33-3.71m33-3

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

its cause japanese ppl dont like american, seeing as how U.S droped 2 bombs on thier asses and pwn them in ww2 XD
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

^^^ Thats exactly it, but what about Canada the peacemakers...stop being so god damn selfish Japan and provide us with more of your amazingly pointless yet cool technology.

coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow

Mike[dot]420 is offline -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor
    ^^^ Thats exactly it, but what about Canada the peacemakers...stop being so god damn selfish Japan and provide us with more of your amazingly pointless yet cool technology.
    its because of you ppl who bitch and whine that you dont have it.

3.71 SONY PTF THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    3.71 FLASH0/CXMB THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    Installing a flash or cxmb theme? Click HERE !!

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

you guys are completely wrong. its just a problem of importing the large number of materials. (like what Grafh said)
    nothing more. but it will come wen it does. i so want that camera though!! it looks bad ass!!!! then i want the 1seg tuner. i can care less about the gps unit. i have a phone for that.
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Fuck Japan and their bullshit, its not because of us bitchin because if it wasn't for them being complete lazy, cheap, rice eating basterds than we wouldn't be complaining in the first place..we PAY for their economy to exist so they should suck it up and start exportin'

coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow

zshaggy is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Whatever, The USA relays on Japan/korea for over 90% of all are tech-devices..Thats are problum we ant making the shit for are selfs...:paranoid:

(fat)1.5-2.0-2.71SEc-3.03OEc-3.10OEa2-3.40OEa-3.51M33-3.52M33-3.71m33-3

Mike[dot]420 is offline -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by Midian
    you guys are completely wrong. its just a problem of importing the large number of materials. (like what Grafh said)
    nothing more. but it will come wen it does. i so want that camera though!! it looks bad ass!!!! then i want the 1seg tuner. i can care less about the gps unit. i have a phone for that.
    wiki
    Almost a year after the 1seg trial started, the purpose of the service is still unclear. Mobile reception is difficult, especially in a moving vehicle/train, as the signal quality deteriorates quickly even at speeds around 20 km/h (12 mph). This leaves the majority of the target audience for this service unable to receive it. In-car reception requires use of diversity antenna and increases receiver complexity and price.

Handheld 1seg receivers generally do not work well at all in moving cars or trains, even when held by a window because the signal drops out every few seconds. There is minimal or no reception in trains that are underground, or go inside buildings, such as most of the commuter trains in Tokyo. In addition, long distance trains, especially the shinkansen, move from one service area to another in a matter of minutes, making it impossible to view a program to completion before having to scan for a new set of channels and find whatever local channel may be broadcasting the program in question.

Handheld 1seg receivers work well inside homes, although it may be necessary to be near a window and/or adjust the antenna for reception. However, a home user can watch HDTV on a large screen TV instead of a 320x180 small screen 1seg.

Even though 1seg signals are not encrypted, some receiver manufacturers have chosen to apply DRM to recorded files, preventing users from viewing or editing the recording in third party software.[1]
    also 1seg is only in japan i think .. 1seg.com

"1seg" is a digital terrestrial broadcasting services for movable bodies such as mobile telephones, PC and a car navigation system with receiver ability. The services started on April 1st, 2006. Originally it was called "one segment broadcast" as technical naming, offically named as "1 Seg" in September, 2005 by association of ground digital broadcasting promotion.

A Japanese terrestrial digital broadcasting format divides one channel into 13 "segments" (division). Among these 13 division, 12 segments are used for television transmission and 1 segment for movable bodies. It bundles up 4 or 12 segments to transmit picture, sound, and data of TV . All 12 remaining segments, except one for 1seg, are necessary to send out much information by high vision broadcast (HDTV), but normal broadcast (SDTV) needs only 4 segments so usually three different programs with one channel can be broadcast at the same time.

Because it is small, a band can transmit only a low resolution picture of *240 pixels QVGA(320) size, but a description of information by BML is possible, and a data broadcasting part makes use of a characteristic of a handheld unit, and expectation gathers when it is possible for new trials such as cooperation with an E-mail and a schedule book, position information with GPS that a handheld unit has.

For the moment, it is broadcast Simultaneously, it is considered to broadcast other contents in the future.

3.71 SONY PTF THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    3.71 FLASH0/CXMB THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    Installing a flash or cxmb theme? Click HERE !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast