Thread: What homebrew currently plays divx well

nightelves is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Yeap thats my question been trying to get a good PSP divx player. So far i've only got PMP.

HOORAH 300th post!!!!!

Rich is offline -Hacks Veteran

There isnt anyway to play DivX on the PSP, unless you first convert it to MP4.

oursoul is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    absolute bollocks
    I've watched divX's and Xvids on my psp many times

I've been using PSPlayerMT

PSPlayerMT supports AVI resolution up to 480x272 with 29.97fps. This is an Audio/Video Media Player for PSP that is capable of running full-screen video with almost no framedrop. It may have a simple GUi, but the video performance is wonderful- check it out!

It support the following extensions and formats:

1: avi, mov, mp4, ogm, mkv, nut, asf, wmv, mp3, m4a, wma, ogg, asf, wav.

2: MPEG1/2/4 video(divx, xvid), Windows media video, Ogg theora, Mpeg audio (MP2, MP3, AAC), AC3, OGG, Windows media audio
    Haven't used VLC yet but that's also supposed to be good. Note the 480x272 limit on these players.
    DS with FF3+M64DS+£3 swapped for BLACK 1003 PSP (v2.00)v2.00-->v1.00-->v1.50-->v3.20oeB-->v3.40oeA
    -->v3.52M33-4-->v3.71M33-3(+1.50)-->v3.52M33-->BRICKED-->home made pandora-->v1.50-->v3.52M33-4-->v3.80M33-4(+1.50)

-->v4.01M33-2(+1.50)+piKey0.45 with PalmOne UWK

Rich is offline -Hacks Veteran

My bad, I was under the impression that the homebrew in question was useless and didn't work. But why did you mention VLC? Thats for the computer, not the PSP...

pspmania is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi. Thanks for the info. Could you kindly tell me where I can download PSPlaterMT and how do I install it into my PSP?? Much appreciation for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by oursoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    absolute bollocks
    I've watched divX's and Xvids on my psp many times

I've been using PSPlayerMT

PSPlayerMT supports AVI resolution up to 480x272 with 29.97fps. This is an Audio/Video Media Player for PSP that is capable of running full-screen video with almost no framedrop. It may have a simple GUi, but the video performance is wonderful- check it out!

It support the following extensions and formats:

1: avi, mov, mp4, ogm, mkv, nut, asf, wmv, mp3, m4a, wma, ogg, asf, wav.

2: MPEG1/2/4 video(divx, xvid), Windows media video, Ogg theora, Mpeg audio (MP2, MP3, AAC), AC3, OGG, Windows media audio
    Haven't used VLC yet but that's also supposed to be good. Note the 480x272 limit on these players.

davos1 is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by pspmania
    Hi. Thanks for the info. Could you kindly tell me where I can download PSPlaterMT and how do I install it into my PSP?? Much appreciation for your help.
    http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/s...ery=PSPlayerMT :twothumbs::twothumbs:

pspmania is offline -Hacks Newbie

I downloaded the PSPlayerMT and how do I install it into the player? Pls help. Thanks.

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

grr.. just have 2 make me post.. damnit. 1001... =(
    hmm PSPlayerMT is extremely buggy and does not play alot of files. crashes like every day. but if u want 2 use it tsill. just put the psplayerMT and psplayermt% into ur game150 folder
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!