Thread: curious...and yes, i'm a n00b

sage_86 is offline -Hacks Newbie

first and foremost, yes i'm a n00b to this psp scene. yet this site has already provided me with plenty of information. thanks for your time and help!
    so i'm looking around...
    sure the iphone is pretty neat, or the ipod touch.... there's even a new 160 gb ipod classic.
    i've got a nintendo ds... and that's cool.....

but my ipod left without saying good bye. and so i'm forced to search for something new to play with.

the psp has had my eye for a while now. but which one to go with?

i've been doing some reasearch...and it looks like the phat psp is easiest choice as it can downgrade to 1.5 kernal or whatever its called. but the slim is still just as mod-able and can still run psx games and play mp3s and all that jazz. and with more firmware coming out and whatnot, its probably just a matter of time before the slim is able to downgrade to the 1.5 as well.

at this point though, its getting rather technical for me, but i am very curious about this. my primary concern is how is this modding done? what is the process? i'm sure you have to order some different parts or something. i wouldn't be supriised if there's some opening of the psp involved as well......

what does one need to modify, and to perform various other further modifications on a psp?

thanx!

-jodin

================EDIT==================================
    sorry i posted this in the 'general' area. didn't quite realize i should have posted in the 'help' area.
    anyhoo...
    so i hear i need an unpatched copy of GTA:LCS?
    and i've also found out the modding is actually mostly done by removing a pin from the processor? yet i wasn't able to find any pictures to actually give a visual.

last querschton.... is it possible to mod a psp or the games and whatnot using a mac? i know i could probably get virtual pc and a windows os and be fine.

or will i?

bump....
    anyone?

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

i will sell you an already hacked psp slim (3.71M33-3) its in perfect condition (except for like 2 or 3 scratches *small* scratches on the silver circle)
    all my games (Manhunt 2, Daxter, and Silent Hill origins)
    with 1gb of memory
    2 chargers
    2 spare pandora's battery (one for the fat psp and one for the slim)
    and the tv-out cables
    all in the original psp box. (which is also in perfect condition lol)

i will sell you all that for $300 (so its pretty much like your paying for all of that stuff, getting 2 pandora's batteries, and an already hacked psp slim)

send me a pm if your interested.
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

hey that's cool!
    i sent you a pm.

is the size of the battery the only physical difference between the slim and the phat?