Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Used PSP (LOL).

Fretless is offline -Hacks Smarty

I got a kick out of this, so hopefully someone else will, too.

I bought a used fat PSP as a Christmas gift today at a local Gamestop, and it came equipped with 3.03 OE-B. :mrgreenthumbsup:

I've updated to 3.71 m33-4, but I thought it was really funny that a store-bought PSP came with custom firmware. :)

\"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.\"

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

rofl did they tell you it had custom firmware on it
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

Fretless is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Midian
    rofl did they tell you it had custom firmware on it
    No, they were just like "cool. Here." It just happened to have CFW on it. :mrgreen: They probably paid as much attention to me as they did the fellow who traded in the PSP, so I guess the fact that they sold a homebrew-capable, iso-loading PSP went under the radar. lol
    \"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.\"

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

lmao wow i wonder if thats illegal lol.
    you should try to sew them and say "i support sony's quest to stop homebrew as it ruins software sales and i dont know why you people would sell me something i take so offensive"

who knows sony may join you and you get rich lol
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

davos1 is offline -Hacks Smarty

The place where I bought my PSP told me they upgrade every PSP to the current firmware. But they didn't notice I traded them a DS that was hacked.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by davos1
    The place where I bought my PSP told me they upgrade every PSP to the current firmware. But they didn't notice I traded them a DS that was hacked.
    Most clerks won't turn it on to check it out. Like the time I went to Best Buy to exchange my PSP that dropped in milk. It had CFW on it, but they didn't go near the System Settings or recognized that it was hacked. The SELECT buttom was messed up.. lol.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

ザック[zaaku.] is offline -Hacks Ninja

thats pretty funny, i wouldnt imagine finding one at gamestop.

but pawn shops on the other hand have a lot of modded/hacked systems.

my friend bought an xbox from a pawn shop that was hacked or whatever with snes emulators and such already loaded on it.

we are sex bob-omb and we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

Aiyo is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Thats is/has happening. People dont want there PSP anymore and they have CFW. So they just sell it to their local game store. Most don't bother checking all that extra stuff, but they do check to see if the UMD works and if everything else that is included in OFW works.

Click here to download Aiyo\'s Mini Multidisk Popstation Command Line Version!
    |-TA-082-| 3.03->1.50->3.30oe-a\'->1.50(accidental)->3.52 MM3-2->3.52 MM3-4->3.71 MM3-1234

Blade_punk is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

When i traded in my psp fat and 3 games for a slim i just handed the stuff to the girl behind the counter and then got my slim. she didnt check the firmware (was 3.53m33 - 2), check discs or even turn it on. The game cases could have been empty, the psp bricked and all the hardware destroyed. what i could have gotten away with that day... :o

-Rock Station-
    PSN: Xsjado7

ザック[zaaku.] is offline -Hacks Ninja

same thing happened to me, i pawned my psp the first week it was out, and the guy didnt turn it on, he just took it and gave me money.

but chances of that happening again are very slim.

we are sex bob-omb and we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast