Thread: Anyone know if Slasher's working on another slashnflash?

megas88 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I really am considering upgrading to the newest custom firmware cause I'm still on 3.52m33-4 but I just can't live without slashnflash since it's the only flasher that's ever worked right for me. Does anyone know if Slasher is working on an update? I tried to Pm him but he never replies. I am also a little hesitant cause of the whole 1.5 kernel not being there from the start and worrying about bricks. Thank you.

Never give up. Never lose hope.

Mike[dot]420 is offline -Hacks God

why would you worry about bricks if the 1.50 kernel isnt there ?

its just an old way of running programs the 3.71 m33 kernel is alot better and efficiant.

also the flash0 will corrupt easy if your flash to it wrong.

so if you do decided to upgrade to 3.71 m33 and install upgrade 4 and 1.50 kernel version 2 then i would suggest using cxmb to put custom themes on your psp.

it requires virtually no flashing excpet 1 - 3 files per theme.

3.71 SONY PTF THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    3.71 FLASH0/CXMB THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    Installing a flash or cxmb theme? Click HERE !!

Sorry, what I meant to say was I'm worried about bricks with flashing themes but I guess I can just use the recovery. Will my current recovery work or would I have to reinstall it with the desired custom firmware? Also I still really might wait till slasher finally releases a new slashnflash but that might be a while I guess huh? Thanks for the info.

Mike[dot]420 is offline -Hacks God

well the problem is sony changed acouple things and anything that writes to flash0 from homebrew or usb/xmb home menu will 80% corrupt the entire flash0

so when you upgrade to 3.71 m33 the new recovery dark alex made will be installed and you would then flash anything though the recovery menu. (reboot and hold r-trigger)

just be carefull when writing to the flash0 and if you can try and get a spare pandora set.

3.71 SONY PTF THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    3.71 FLASH0/CXMB THEMES? CLICK HERE !![56k Warning]
    Installing a flash or cxmb theme? Click HERE !!

Well that sucks but oh well I guess. I can't get the pandora battery yet but I'm a little afraid to make it so I may just ask a friend to do it for me. I really wish that they had stuck with 3.52 cause it was just so much easier. I honestly don't see why they had to jump straight to 3.71.

Neo_burn is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

~moved to general discussion about psp~

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

dude, i used to use flashagent, then slash n flash.. but when i flashed ultimate blue theme on 3.52 m33... there was SO many files... to navigate thro slash n flash was such a bitch.. so i just opened up flash0 and drag the shit in... works so good. thats how i flash all of my theme nowadays.. had couple of semi brick. but no biggie, i got a pandora battery just incase if i full brick. :twothumbs:
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r
    dude, i used to use flashagent, then slash n flash.. but when i flashed ultimate blue theme on 3.52 m33... there was SO many files... to navigate thro slash n flash was such a bitch.. so i just opened up flash0 and drag the shit in... works so good. thats how i flash all of my theme nowadays.. had couple of semi brick. but no biggie, i got a pandora battery just incase if i full brick. :twothumbs:
    Why didn't you simply put them all in a folder with the data.txt and flash them all at once? That's why I love SlashnFlash. I heard about psp wardrobe for the newer firmware. What do you think of that flasher for themes?