Thread: The Future of The Slim PSP?!?

ArchAngel_7 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ive been coming to PSP Hacks(this site) for years, under many different names. You guys are the best, and not just the peeps who run this site, but all you out there who contribute and help others lost in the fight against proprietarianism! LOL. Anyways. I guess I'm just saying THANKS to all those who help others and have helped me. OK ass kissing aside ...to the topic.

I was wondering if at some point, Sony might stop making updates for the FAT and just make em for the Slim?
    I mean I was thinkin, if it has more Flash mem. It should be able to hold more options, no?, And if so, would we reach the point to where the FAT is outdated?
    and one more thing. I have both, and to me the screen on the slim is so much more vibrant, colorful and brighter than the FAT. Or maybe its just my FAT is 3yrs old? I dunno. I can tell ya one thing though. It doesnt have a scratch on it. ITs in perfect condition..
    well I was bored and thought id see what you guys thought about all this stuff.

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

of course they will stop making updates. the psp will grow old, people will stop buying them, they will just stop caring.
    like the ps1 and ps2 a year after the launch of the ps2 all ps1 games stopped.
    they will probably still make the updates for the fat psp but make more for the slim just because it has more flash and they can domore with it. so why limit themselves to just 32mb when they have 64mb to work with?
    they will make updates for the slim and fat but the slim updates will probabyl have more features as it has more space on it.
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

Blood_breaker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

yea its been shown the slim has a sharper image and is better and as for now there is no plans to drop the phat look at the ds nintendo still supports it even tho the lite is the newer model so for at least a year or two you have nothing to worry about sides i see an official psp2 coming out before they cut support and seeing as whats going on with the ps3 i dont see much being able to be done with it...

"the devs saying "we are working on fixing this issue" well i'm working on having sex with Mandy Moore and Britney Spears
    at the same time, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen" ~Travisclees~

sepreath is offline -Hacks Veteran

The firmwares are similar and use the same file types so it may be possible to
    take a couple of features from slim, as long as they aren't hardware required,
    and put them on the fat. Kinda like a pick 'n' mix.

I don\'t give a crap about your firmware history