Thread: Cash Generator - what an awesome shop for bargain PSP's lol

grenjosee is offline -Hacks Newbie

I was in my local Cash Generator yesterday browsing for bargains. Saw 2 PSP's in a display cabinet on sale for £30 each, but marked as faulty - sold as seen.

Had a quick play and decided to take a chance on both of them as they both booted up, albeit one cut out after about 1 minute and the other struggled to load a UMD. Haggled them down to £20 each.

Took them home. The white one was 3.4f/w (this was the one with the umd problem)

The black one (2.81 f/w) had the power cut out problem.

Took a spare battery I had and put in the black one. Powered up, played UMD and no cut out for over an hour. Flashed up / down and up to M33 371. Gave it to wife, working perfectly and played non stop since yesterday afternoon.

Had to nip out this morning to pick up a copy of Lumines to downgrade the 3.4. Thats also now 3.71 and working perfectly.

Total outlay £20 each for the PSPS's and £7 for a copy of Lumines.

£47 and 2 perfect PSPS's!!!

Gotta love 2nd hand shops. (off to play the kids now as we now have 4 PSP's in the house - any suggestions on good 4 way games?)

satansam is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Before I bought a brand new PSP from Gamestation I had a look around my local 2nd hand shops. CEX have very nice deals too, and some confusing ones (£160 for a 2nd hand, unboxed DS Lite?!). A guy at university gave me his PSP with a broke screen. Bought a replacement for £30 and it worked a charm :D Sold it on for a a pretty hefty profit.

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Grand Theft Auto.

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

hmm bought my psp phatty off a freind for 100 bucks with 3 games and a 1 gig memory stick XD. then bought a bunch of useless accessories... like the GPS module -____________-
    then bought ma slim for 200.... it kinda evens out.. also 1st 4 gig stick for 90... 2nd 4 gig for 40... fuckin price drops...
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

casuallydressed is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I've got a Cash Generator about 2 miles away from me, I think I'll wander down there on my day off this week!

Imagine finding a "faulty" one and it's only bricked. Haha bargain or what at that price!

Aberdare420 is offline -Hacks Member

Yeah places like Cash Generator can be great for some cheap units. :D