Thread: Fat or Slim?

MahG is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well basically I'm going to buy a psp within the week.
    I wanted to know if i should get a slim psp or a fat model.

I wasn't sure whether this was meant to go into help or general... O well.

Exiled is offline -Hacks Veteran

Defintley a phat don't get slim it doesn't feel much lighter to me anyway and can't play homebrew phat is the best

ProudToBeDead is offline -Hacks Neophyte

You should at least tell the truth ... instead of just saying that slim can't run homebrew which is not right.
    PSP Sllim & Lite, 3.90 m33-3 & Popsloader V2

Exiled is offline -Hacks Veteran

It can really people said that it can't maybe limite homebrew?

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ProudToBeDead
    You should at least tell the truth ... instead of just saying that slim can't run homebrew which is not right.
    Whoa buddy. You way off. The Slim can run any homebrew that ported to the 3xx kernel, or made specifically for the Slim. To get SOME 1.50 kernel homebrew to work, you can try Noobz's eLoader or Jas0nuk's ELF launcher via Pandora.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VeStVJX3XQ

I'll say get the Phat..

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Ive got a phat and slim ..... and i would go with the slim any day ..... especially when some of the newer firmware features are going to be slim only ( eg Skype ) and alot of the best homebrew is already ported to the slim

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

get a slim its going to be better in the long run. eventually the fat will stop having things developed for it and only the slim will.
    besides the slim WILL have more features in updates.
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

yeah for OP

When considering the people who are giving you their opinion. If they say slim sucks, first thing you should ask them is, "do you even own a slim"

Falcon_maximus is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I love the Slim but seriously, I use piKey a lot and really like the TV-Remote-Homebrewprogrammes.
    I would not want to miss em....... but the doubled RAM bugs me a bit :twisted:

My Cousin owns a Slim, while I wasn't able to test the "improved loading performance" and the "better compatiblity of internet sites due to more RAM" I would say that you CAN feel the difference in weight! But there is one annoying thing..... the Phat PSP gets thicker on the left/right edges (that means the thinnest place would be the UMD drive)..... these humps make the psp more comfortable to hold in my oppinion :| the slim is only..... flat, and flat is always a bad thing....... just think about women ;)
    There have to be curves up and down..... ähhhhh.... on the right/left :bucktooth:

Short Version:
    Get a Slim if you don't plan to use piKey (IR Keyboard) and don't want to annoy your neighbors by remotecontrol their TV (which is huge fun by the way ;) )
    Oh... almost forgot it, maybe some emulators will benefit from the extra ram someday and you will be able to use the SEG1 TV Tuner and Sonys PSP Skype

Get a Phat if you want to save a few bucks, if you want to use a Keyboard / TV Remote and if you want to be 100% sure that every Homebrew coded yet, runs on your console no matter if it was intended for 1.00 1.50 2.00 3.00 or 3.71 or whatever :lol:
    If you are happy with Pimpstreamer and Furikup Phone HB.

Greetings
    PS: Please excuse the 56 grammar errors in this posting, my best friend had his 18th birthday today and I just got home from a 9h total nonsense (topless :twothumbs: ) party lol

Florian