Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why did you upgrade to 3.71 from 3.52?

MMS10 is offline -Hacks Newbie

So I did alot of research before buying my psp about 2 weeks ago and at the time decided that I would use the 3.71 cf. The psp I bought already had 3.52 m33-3 installed on it and had all intentions on upgrading to 3.71. I made a pandora battery and magic stick and everything. But I can't find any reason to upgrade. Every game I have thrown at my psp has worked just fine.

Why are most people upgrading to the latest firmware, because it's the latest?

Seems like the old adage still applies, "if it ain't broke don't fix it." I don't plan to upgrade until I come across something that my psp doesn't work correctly with.

Regards,

Robert is offline -Hacks God

Yeah, I'm still at 3.52 m33-4. Just wait for 3.80 m33 tomorrow.

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I had to update to 3.71M33 to play Wipeout Pulse and to test new themes and stuff.

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Patapon wants 3.72, but it works on 3.71m33.

I like to have the latest firmware possible to make the most of the pitiful features that sony do give us. 3.71s video player has a handy function for peeps who like to watch individual scenes from movies, like a thumbnail search bar. Plus I like to check that my creations work on all firmware versions, I wouldn't want to be responsible for brickages.
    ( ^^)b

bumpygrind is offline -Hacks Newbie

my reason to switch to 3.71M33 was also wipeout pulse. I used 3.52M33-4 for quite some time because I was afraid that 3.71M33 would ruin my SNES,NES and Genesis emulator. But it's all good now coz there is a 1.50kernel for phat :twothumbs: . I'm using 3.71M33-4 and no problem at all..

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

there is a patch to apply to wipeout pulse eur so it runs on 3.52-4M33, used it myself...............delaying the inevitable a little longer, or untill the 3.80M33 wave.........

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bcman
    there is a patch to apply to wipeout pulse eur so it runs on 3.52-4M33, used it myself...............delaying the inevitable a little longer, or untill the 3.80M33 wave.........
    Holy shit! I just remember, 3.80M33 is supposed to be released tomorrow. God the help section is going to suck for the next 2 weeks.

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    Holy shit! I just remember, 3.80M33 is supposed to be released tomorrow. God the help section is going to suck for the next 2 weeks.
    how in the @!#@ did u forget its the hottesy news around..........
    and the help section..sigh..its gonna get ugly before it gets pretty........

Rich is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    Quote Originally Posted by bcman
    Well, I suppose this thread will last a little longer because 3.80 M33 has been delayed again I think. Anyways, I'm still on 3.52 M33-4 because I still haven't really bothered to check what I'm missing out on.

Blade_punk is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

I'm on 3.71 because a) i have a slim, its either 3.60 or this and b) because its latest and greatest and i cant be bothered mucking around with patch's just to run a game

-Rock Station-
    PSN: Xsjado7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast