Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maybe a good idea for homebrew?

GuilT1 is offline -Hacks Member

Is it at all possible to make a homebrew bittorrent client for PSP? Also, maybe file extractor like winrar also on the PSP?? I think you all know where I'm going with this one right?? Just an idea.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

bittorrent asked so many times WILL NOT HAPPEN

RAR/ZIP file will work with IRSHELL (there a app for them) that comes with IRSHELL

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

that_guy is offline -Hacks Ninja

A bittorrent client for the psp is not practical.

If you use wifi for long and extended periods of time, you'd notice that the left side of the psp starts to get quite warm. The wifi chip emits quite some heat.
    With bittorrent clients, you'd normally run them for quite some time. With that being said, many people will probably screw up their wifi.

my slim doesnt heat up, phat does though. yeah it might be impractical, maybe it would be useful to pick up a couple songs on the fly. I will check out irshell though. I didnt know it could extract zip files.

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

There's an interesting thing that you can use torrent clients on, it's called a PC, so I heard they were much more powerful than the PSP.

Really there's no practical use of torrent clients on the PSP.

Wow, a PC, I did not think of that!! What are PC's? You do know that there are some less fortunate people that do not have these PC things right?? What may not be practical for you may very well be practical to many others. You know what else, you can play games, listen to music, watch video, and surf the web with a PC also, but that didn't stop you from getting a PSP. I would find a torrent client very useful and as Ryu said many people have asked, so I guess that would mean that there are people who would find it useful. This is an idea, this is what homebrew starts out as, then someone builds on this idea. I figure there might be some technical issue that would keep it from working, but you know I'm just throwing ideas out there, no harm no foul, certainly no need for attitude.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Oh gawd -_-;

I wonder how many times this has been brought up.

Please use the search function in the furture.

Torrent Client On PSP

And if these people don't have those "PC things" they shouldn't be wasting their money buying a PSP on the first place ;)

M1557 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

You know what else, you can play games, listen to music, watch video, and surf the web with a PC also, but that didn't stop you from getting a PSP
    Go son.

And You are right.

However, im sure if it were something that a mojority of people thaught would be beneficial, it would have been done by now.

I recon you should go make some proof of cencept or start hammering away at it yourself, see what u can come up with.

Good luck.
    ::M1557::
    Taking Drugs To Make Music To Take Drugs To
    No One > Gives A Fuck > About Your Firmware > History

Why? I bet lots of people don't have computers, but only have a PSP. I think you fail to understand where I'm going with this. For years now people have been coming up with homebrew, a lot of which the PSP was not designed to do. That thread you linked to is a prime example of how many people would find a torrent client useful. As I said before it's just an idea, I'm not a hacker or a developer, just some noob with an idea. I just wanted to know if it were possible, I'm not saying it is possible, just asking a question, sorry if you feel offended or something.

Believe me, if I knew even the slightest about hacking, I would try, you know, just to see if it would be cool.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast