Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Question Regarding NAND Dump

  
  1. #1
    nycelitemaster is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi Guys, i was wonder since people saying do a backup of NAND w/e it is called, do we do backup of NAND before M33 or we can do it after we patch to M33.. please enlighten, and what tools can be used to dump nand. I have 2 PSPs and i want to make sure, if i do mess them up some way i can restore them with NAND. Slim and Fat all the way :) Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    jay8378 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm a newb too but I'm pretty sure the tool to back up your nand loads before you install 3.71 from the magic memory stick in Pandora's battery. Someone correct me if im wrong.

  3. #3
    nycelitemaster is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    any professional want to add in? Please advise... so i can backup nands on my slim and fat before i proceed to 3.80m33.

  4. #4
    p0op's Avatar
    p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    9,921
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I wouldn't bother backing up your NAND, it's only going to cause problems further down the road. Watch, one of your friends are going to want to flash their PSP and then boom they'll flash your NAND dump and then they're screwed.

  5. #5
    jay8378 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    I wouldn't bother backing up your NAND, it's only going to cause problems further down the road. Watch, one of your friends are going to want to flash their PSP and then boom they'll flash your NAND dump and then they're screwed.
    So if i bacup my nand on the magic memstick, the memstick i used is not good for any other psp?

    edit:changed my wording.

  6. #6
    Demonchild's Avatar
    Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,033
    Rep Power
    295

    Default

    Nope. The only time you use another nand dump is a last resort effort and even then you need to dump them without the idstorage keys.


    Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

    PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

  7. #7
    archiyukin is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    backing up you NAND will cause pandora to malfunction. when you insert the jigkick battery and the magic memory stick, nothing will happen. backing up is your last option. but if you have made pandora's battery or U.P.M.S. successfully, theres no need to back up.

  8. #8
    Demonchild's Avatar
    Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,033
    Rep Power
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archiyukin
    backing up you NAND will cause pandora to malfunction. when you insert the jigkick battery and the magic memory stick, nothing will happen. backing up is your last option. but if you have made pandora's battery or U.P.M.S. successfully, theres no need to back up.
    Where did you hear that? Pandora doesn't malfunction because you're dumping your nand, and if your nand gets fucked, your nand stored in the PSP can get fucked, and if that happens, your PSP if fucked..

    It doesn't allow you to do anything to prevent that from happening, and it safely shutdown the PSP automatically to confirm that the dump was successful.


    Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

    PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

  9. #9
    nycelitemaster is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    Quote Originally Posted by archiyukin
    backing up you NAND will cause pandora to malfunction. when you insert the jigkick battery and the magic memory stick, nothing will happen. backing up is your last option. but if you have made pandora's battery or U.P.M.S. successfully, theres no need to back up.
    Where did you hear that? Pandora doesn't malfunction because you're dumping your nand, and if your nand gets fucked, your nand stored in the PSP can get fucked, and if that happens, your PSP if fucked..

    It doesn't allow you to do anything to prevent that from happening, and it safely shutdown the PSP automatically to confirm that the dump was successful.
    Demon, so should we dump nand while in Original firmware or custom? or it doesn't matter.. Please advise

  10. #10
    p0op's Avatar
    p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    9,921
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Just don't dump it at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •