Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding NAND Dump

nycelitemaster is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi Guys, i was wonder since people saying do a backup of NAND w/e it is called, do we do backup of NAND before M33 or we can do it after we patch to M33.. please enlighten, and what tools can be used to dump nand. I have 2 PSPs and i want to make sure, if i do mess them up some way i can restore them with NAND. Slim and Fat all the way :) Thanks in advance.

jay8378 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm a newb too but I'm pretty sure the tool to back up your nand loads before you install 3.71 from the magic memory stick in Pandora's battery. Someone correct me if im wrong.

any professional want to add in? Please advise... so i can backup nands on my slim and fat before i proceed to 3.80m33.

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I wouldn't bother backing up your NAND, it's only going to cause problems further down the road. Watch, one of your friends are going to want to flash their PSP and then boom they'll flash your NAND dump and then they're screwed.

jay8378 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    I wouldn't bother backing up your NAND, it's only going to cause problems further down the road. Watch, one of your friends are going to want to flash their PSP and then boom they'll flash your NAND dump and then they're screwed.
    So if i bacup my nand on the magic memstick, the memstick i used is not good for any other psp?

edit:changed my wording.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Nope. The only time you use another nand dump is a last resort effort and even then you need to dump them without the idstorage keys.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

archiyukin is offline -Hacks Newbie

backing up you NAND will cause pandora to malfunction. when you insert the jigkick battery and the magic memory stick, nothing will happen. backing up is your last option. but if you have made pandora's battery or U.P.M.S. successfully, theres no need to back up.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by archiyukin
    backing up you NAND will cause pandora to malfunction. when you insert the jigkick battery and the magic memory stick, nothing will happen. backing up is your last option. but if you have made pandora's battery or U.P.M.S. successfully, theres no need to back up.
    Where did you hear that? Pandora doesn't malfunction because you're dumping your nand, and if your nand gets fucked, your nand stored in the PSP can get fucked, and if that happens, your PSP if fucked..

It doesn't allow you to do anything to prevent that from happening, and it safely shutdown the PSP automatically to confirm that the dump was successful.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    Quote Originally Posted by archiyukin
    Where did you hear that? Pandora doesn't malfunction because you're dumping your nand, and if your nand gets fucked, your nand stored in the PSP can get fucked, and if that happens, your PSP if fucked..

It doesn't allow you to do anything to prevent that from happening, and it safely shutdown the PSP automatically to confirm that the dump was successful.
    Demon, so should we dump nand while in Original firmware or custom? or it doesn't matter.. Please advise

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Just don't dump it at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast