Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need some advice about getting a psp slim

popsiclesticks is offline -Hacks Newbie

My brother already has a psp slim, but first of all, he doesn't take care of it( it's about a month old and already the screen and the silver disc on the back are noticeably scratched) and second he plays it 24/7( I may be exaggerating, but not by much =/). I don't really mind that I don't play too much, but I am just sooooo obsessive over keeping it scratch free, so the scratches bother me ALOT.

So do you guys think I should get my own psp slim, and protect it by buying a case, screen protector, etc. ?

Or should I just save my money and deal with the terribly cared for psp my brother owns?

Btw if I do get my own, what are some good accessories to buy to fully protect my psp slim? Thanks!

hotrocker is offline Programmer -Hacks Ninja

haha i used to be like that w/ my phat psp (good thing too cuz i ended up selling it). i have a slim, and its not in the same condition, but the screen is still perfect which i realized is all that matters. my phat remained in perfect condition for about a year and all i had was a slide-in case for it (u can buy a used one at eb and places like that for 2-3 bux). it remained in the case in my pocket else it was on my dresser or in my hands...not a single scratch.
    the slim is the same way...except i now run w/ it so its been dropped...but only scratches on the back so whatev...

so long story short, if it means that much to you to have ur own, nice, psp (not to mention u dont have to share playing time) then yes, get your own. all youll need is that little slide-in case i talked about (and mayb a sturdy one if its gonna get put into a backpack or something) and ull b fine.

(Compliments of Chode)

hmm I already have a hard case, and yeah all i really care about is the screen, which my brother successfully scratched a lot. You can't see them when you're playing in a darker area, but mannn when there's some light around, all the scratches reflect and you can hardly see anything. I don't understand how he can stand it. Well anyways if i do get my own, I plan on buying some sort of clear case for the thing, if i can find one that is. If not I'll just settle for those sticky screen protector.

Blade_punk is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

yeah, get your own. Save you from stealing his.

When i got my beautiful nice black shiny 500gb externel HDD the other day i noticed it had some scratches on it within 4-5 hours or so. Man, i was flipping out, my baby was scratched! And by its own case :evil: I hate it when things like that get scratched sadly my slim has but its not too bad, can barely notice it. You got any photos of your bro's psp? Is it REAL bad?

-Rock Station-
    PSN: Xsjado7

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

man, I feel the exact same way.
    i've scratched my psp a few times.. I'm annoyed by them like crazy.
    and don't even get me started about my friend's psp. He doesnt care about it at all. everytime i look at it, it looks like it's been through a blender and barely survived.
    your better off getting your own psp. it'll save you from your insanity :)

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

I'll try to get a picture of it up some time tomorrow. My dad recently bought him a screen protector, which actually helped a lot since light now reflects off the non scratched protector. Too bad it didn't stay scratch free, spit free, and smudge free for more than 4 hours. The scratches on his protector are BRUTAL. It's like he enjoys messing up his psp. My heart hurts just looking at it :puke:

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

just buy a whole bunch of faceplates, and change it ever 6 month, scrach free
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

Has any one tried those covers like faceplate and crystal cover? are they any good?

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by popsiclesticks
    Has any one tried those covers like faceplate and crystal cover? are they any good?
    Ive got a Silver Chrome Talismoon faceplate on my fat with the crystal buttons .... It's easy(ish) to fit
    Be careful not to strip the screws when trying to remove your faceplate ( Giving the screwdriver a sharp tap before turning really helps to break the glue ) and do not over tighten the screws or you will have problems with the buttons

Ragnarok6033 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

thats awesome imma get one of those :mrgreenthumbsup:

Current Firmware: PSP Slim 3.90 M33
    Currently Playing: Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast