Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 8gb MS Question...

set_0 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Why are 8GB ms bad? I run 3.71 m33-4 on a slim and I only run ISOs, PS1 EBOOTs, and a few emulators. I'm thinking about getting an 8gb ms but I wanna know if it will work ok. Also anyone who has one where did you buy yours? I checked out my local Best Buy, Circuit City and a few Gamestops in my area but none of them have any... still got a few more places to check but I will probably have to order of the webernet.... bummer. Anyways thanks in advance!

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Some say there's problem with running homebrew, and some aspects of CFW. Some say it works, and some say that it doesn't. However, it doesn't hurt to try. If it works, you have 8 gigs of gaming goodness.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

pepsiperson666 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by set_0
    Why are 8GB ms bad? I run 3.71 m33-4 on a slim and I only run ISOs, PS1 EBOOTs, and a few emulators. I'm thinking about getting an 8gb ms but I wanna know if it will work ok. Also anyone who has one where did you buy yours? I checked out my local Best Buy, Circuit City and a few Gamestops in my area but none of them have any... still got a few more places to check but I will probably have to order of the webernet.... bummer. Anyways thanks in advance!
    at best buy and circuit city they usually don't have them with the psp. try checking around the cameras
    great ways to make some money
    http://bux.to/?r=pepsiperson666
    http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=pepsiperson666

2Dangerous is offline -Hacks Newbie

This is what the Offical Sony Memory Stick Looks Like:

If you notice on left it says that the 8GB is compatable for PSP use, so I would see no reason why it would not work. I suggest to try eBay as this was the cheapest I found them:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-MSX-M8GS-...ayphotohosting

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

But don't always trust eBay... some cards can be fake.

popopola is offline -Hacks Guru

yeah, Ebay is full of fakes. beware of that site.
    i heard that 8GB mem sticks can't run homebrew. But if you just want to put iso's on it then your fine i think.

(off-topic)
    btw...demonchild...1 month on this forum and you have 1300 posts? incredible..:mrgreenthumbsup:

______________The Sons of a Battlecry_____________

Quote Originally Posted by popopola
    i heard that 8GB mem sticks can't run homebrew. But if you just want to put iso's on it then your fine i think.

(off-topic)
    btw...demonchild...1 month on this forum and you have 1300 posts? incredible..:mrgreenthumbsup:
    Even though it is full of fakes, my 2GB one works fine... although I am going to Hong Kong... maybe I should pick up an 8GB there (where eBay ships them from anyway lol)

jayno20 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I just recently bought 2 8gb cards at circuit city, and they run homebrew and 3.71 CF just fine.

Neutrino is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpus57
    Quote Originally Posted by popopola

(off-topic)
    Even though it is full of fakes, my 2GB one works fine... although I am going to Hong Kong... maybe I should pick up an 8GB there (where eBay ships them from anyway lol)
    That would be a good idea - you are more likely to get a genuine MemoryStick in Hong Kong, than you are to get a genuine one off eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by jayno20
    I just recently bought 2 8gb cards at circuit city, and they run homebrew and 3.71 CF just fine.
    Thanks... more confirmation that GENUINE 8gb cards work...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast