Thread: Another Sony Moment - Skype Delayed

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Read this from QJ while on my phone.

Source : http://pspupdates.qj.net/Sony-postpo.../49/aid/112172

Sony has just announced that they'll be postponing the Japanese release of Skype for the PSP which was originally set for late January, due to some issues with Sony's official microphones. It seems that the microphone's components failed in meeting some of Skype's necessary certifications.

Sony didn't want to launch their latest service without official peripherals to accompany it. With this, they decided to put the release on hold for the time being. No official date has been set for the Japanese launch. Instead Sony said, "Solutions to enable users to start using Skype features and services on their PSP are being sought for and will be announced in due course."

For those of you who live in the US or Europe, consider yourselves to be lucky since the corresponding PSP Skype launch won't be affected. Sony added that it "will make no difference to the European and USA launch, which will coincide with the end of January firmware upgrade."

Whew! With Japan being the only one affected, it looks like the PSP Skype launch is still something we can all look forward to.
    Hombrew wins again! ?

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

sony=fail
    lol
    homebrew ftw!

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

You=Fail
    Sony has just announced that they'll be postponing the Japanese release of Skype for the PSP which was originally set for late January, due to some issues with Sony's official microphones.
    For those of you who live in the US or Europe, consider yourselves to be lucky since the corresponding PSP Skype launch won't be affected.
    I dont think anyone on PSP-Hacks is from Japan

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

Ragnarok6033 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

so will it be at the end on January that Sony releases it??

Current Firmware: PSP Slim 3.90 M33
    Currently Playing: Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok6033
    so will it be at the end on January that Sony releases it??
    Only for the EU and the US. It will come in the FW 4.00 upate..

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter