Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Phat PSP with 1.50,whats it worth?

russell56443 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Im repairing PSP's,computers and other stuff for our local Pawn Shop and he had one with a charging problem that had been on a shelf collecting dust for awhile.
    When I got it fired up it still has the 1.50 firmware ect..
    Is this worth anything?
    They seem to go for more on Ebay and If I can give him one of mine and sell this for more that would be great!!
    Im soooo poor lol,need all the help I can get $ wise!!!
    Thanks for the info,
    Russell

Feinicks is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

if you are talking pure monetary value, then i can't say it should be tht diff from other f/w. afterall, updates are free.
    from a potential upgrader point of view, its literally priceless. stock with 1.50! meaning no PANDORA! No new battery, no anything! Direct update!! If u want to be unethical, you can upgrade the f/w and then sell it fo a higher price. Many ppl I kno offer fw upgradation for a fee. (Nowadays, everything is chargeable. Downgrading, upgrading, game installation (in psp terms, putting the iso tht one got from some bittorrent site and putting it into iso folder).
    Seriously, so few ppl are truly honest.

VooDooMafia is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Remember its only worth what someone is willing to pay.

With pandora out now I would say they are not worth that much more seeing alot of people will do the upgrade for $20 no matter what PSP you have.

Robert is offline -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by Feinicks
    Nowadays, everything is chargeable. Downgrading, upgrading, game installation (in psp terms, putting the iso tht one got from some bittorrent site and putting it into iso folder).
    That's funny, I do that stuff all the time for free. I don't think your going to be able to get too much of a profit though. Most people don't care about 1.50 firmware.

probably, but a quick glance through the help section will tell you tht not many ppl are comfortable with pandora. guess they belive if there be an easier way, why bother with any other?

A psp with 1.50 fw implies you can save up on having to buy a new battery (datel), or a nerve racking hour. (for noobs esp.) remember, even those who brick at a regularuty will feel a pang when they brick. a nagging doubt or the sheer frustration. whatever.

and what Pandora does is for a mon\ment give you a psp with fw 1.50.

well presto!!!!! thts what he has!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by Feinicks
    Nowadays, everything is chargeable. Downgrading, upgrading, game installation (in psp terms, putting the iso tht one got from some bittorrent site and putting it into iso folder).
    That's funny, I do that stuff all the time for free. I don't think your going to be able to get too much of a profit though. Most people don't care about 1.50 firmware.
    yeah... neither do i... neither do ppl with some senses... imsgine what a rich guys DAX woul be if he charged everyone for using his fws.
    disagreed onn one pt. its the NOOBS who dont understand the relevance of 1.50. in the near future, it ma become totally obsolete. but it is still practically the fw tht keeps the moden psp scene alive and healthy. new ppl probably thin "NEW" and wanna upgrade to 3.80 immediately!

Robert is offline -Hacks God

Yeah, but most people don't even know that PSP hacking exists, and those that do might as well just buy a 3.80 m33-5 PSP not a 1.50, right? Actually, it might be a good idea to install custom firmware and that might boost the price.

wch is why i said tht he could upgrade it to the latest shit and then see if any profit made over it. and if he gets some veterans attention, good for both of them!

russell56443 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks Everyone for the replys!!!
    Im in hock to Dell for another year for my Laptop but If I knew at the time what a PSP can do I would have gotten a PSP instead lol!!!
    I too have a Pandoras set coming in the mail (3.71 m33 and 3.71 m33-2)
    I am a complete noob when it comes to custom firmware,Ive read the posts and stickys until I cant see straight lol!!!
    I have Dyslexia so reading and actually doing it is a freakin hard thing for me.
    I still dont know how to do it really,I know how to do the battery but the Magic Memory Stick is the problem.
    If I can see it being done Im fine,otherwise :0(
    Anyway,Im scared to even try doing custom firmware yet until I get it more figured out lol!
    I have a couple of nice PSP's so I might just keep this one and give him one of my upgraded ones,he wont care as long as he can sell it lol!
    Thanks again for the info,
    Russell

u can use a GUI Pandora creator. Its available in this forum itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast