Thread: I would like feed back please.

DisGruntledM$Guest is offline -Hacks Newbie

What I'm posting below is a blog I did on myspace. For some reason the link wouldn't work, so I'm sorry about the length of this.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

M$ who?
    Current mood: awake

Now that i am not able to sleep, and others have told me to post my TRUE feelings about Microsoft, i now know the time is right to do so. Let me start off venting on a certain site though. Xbox360-hacks... More or less I used to go here for up to date news, they always were first with news. Granted we ALL have our own opinions about things but in their most recent article, The Ori is bluntly complaining about the people who are at ends with Microsoft in court, or soon will be over Xbox Live. This for the most part would be funny to me except the fact that I've dealt with Microsoft over five months dealing with crappy 360 "new and re-worked 360 systems." Along with all this the time I've had to "wait" for shipping them off and waiting their return had been a half a year. This doesn't include the times when I bought a SECOND system and had to return it a number of times cause Game Crazy had their WHOLE shipment of 360's defective.

Once I got a semi-working system, I called the xbox hot line and registered it with Microsoft. Little did I know that, in doing so would cost me more then just about four 360 systems all together, not even including all the add-ons I paid for, for a number of games as well as all the lost time trying to talk to people at Microsoft and trying to get everything ironed out.When I first called microsoft, I was greeted by a gentleman that surprisingly talked good english. I had told him what was wrong, that my xbox stopped playing dvd's, but not the games. He went on to tell me how it should've been the other way around, then told me that, and I quote: "You must have damaged it, so "WE", Microsoft are NOT responsible for your xbox. But I will make an exception this time." ....As this was going on I wanted to throw the Xbox, and my cell out the window, but instead I kindly asked for a supervisor and that was when he hung up on me.

Yes I did say that he hung up on me, but believe me though, that was nothing compared to what followed in the months to come. Let me cut this down a bit as well though. I have names, date and times of the people at Microsoft that BLUNTLY told me that, and I quote: "I will promise to do anything for you, if your xbox has ANY problems when it gets back to you." I didn't just get this on paper, but the phone calls are also recorded on Microsoft's end as well. After days of trying to get ahold of a supervisor, I had one call me back....cause that's how it works with Microsoft, on their own time-frame. But this guy was nice. He went on about how Microsoft values their customers and such, but then told me there was nothing he could really do, even though he was a higher up in the guest relations dept. What he did was promise me a new 360, what I got back was a re-furbished one that over heated so I packed it up and I paid to overnight it the next day, back to Texas. I called him back and surprisingly he actually picked up the phone. I told him I shipped it back and I didn't want to waist time waiting for them to ship a box to me, he understood. He kept apologizing to me and told me what he could do.

He went on to tell me how he (and the other 3 higher up's i got around to talking to, after him) could send a"We are sorry gift" for the long wait and all the problems. At this point, I had been on the phone over 2 hours. He then told me he was going to send me a second controller and a free game of my choice, which consisted of and inbetween of Blue Dragon or Forza2. I told him to send the Blue Dragon game and the controller. Fastforward four days and I got my game and controller, but when I took them out of the UPS box, they weren't new, and it had a peice of paper again apologizing for the issues, and going into the whole thing of, if I have any MORE "issues" to call my agent at the xbox number. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Microsoft a multi-billion company? So why in the world are they sending RE-FERB CRAP to people as "i'm sorry, please shutup now gifts." Just to make themselves look good? My wireless controller was not only cracked but if I lightly moved it, it sounded like a six year old tried to make a sixaxsis controller and failed miserably. Not only that, but Blue dragon had scratches on the disks like someone meant to damage them. My contact sighed and went on to tell me how he had another client, and how she was SUPPOSED to get a wired control back, and when she got the supposed "new controller" the USB cord CUT. What is wrong with this picture here?

I can deal with used crap honestly, but damaged as well? Mind you I haven't even got into the "Force gamertag change (Had it over 2yrs), the cash I lost on all my downloads, getting a number of different people at the Guest service/Repair canter. Telling me the supervisors that had been working with me had been "moved on." Later I found out two of them were FIRED for trying to help me. Plus being YELLED at by the higher-up's telling me to "eat my losses and move on." Plus the seven pages of "issues" stored on the Microsoft Xbox360 data base from me calling in. Last but but least, let's not forget that the last time I got my xbox back from Texas, it had an inch thick of dried mud on the bottom of the system. No joke. Then one day my friend made a good point. He said that since I work for gamestop and I promote Microsoft every chance I get, they should be atleast nicer. He was right. I go into my dream job selling video game systems and software (as well as being a customer) to parents and kids and almost every age, most everyday.

The most important question I always get though is: "Will this system be ok for my kids?" My response usually follows asking how old the kids are the stating the TRUTH about each system. Let me get this straight though with all the readers. Just because I work for a company thats sells electronics, I do NOT want extra treatment, but I would like the big companies like Microsoft to treat their customers better, and with RESPECT. Most of our guests that buy video games and systems are women. Being for themselves or for their kids. Let's not forget the ladies in the gaming communities as well, or for that matter all the hugely well known organizations that hold tournaments. They buy these systems and games too. Personally I've been through roughly sixteen Xbox360's. You are reading correctly. Sixteen. So with all I've been saying, and seeing how these affected and interrupted my lifestyle, I don't blame these young adults or their parents, and I whole-heartedly agree with Jason Gibson, the plaintiffs lawer.

"We" as consumers shell out a ton of cash for these high-end entertainment systems, and if a company like Microsoft can't come half way and do all their customers right, well then they MUST fix it. That's one of the things Microsoft will hopefully realize since the "live-overload." ....I won't hold my breath though. I still never got the repacement for my controller or my vision cam either come to think about it. All in all , I wish I could join the young adults and their parents, when they get a settlement, but as the statement said by the kids, "they and many other" xbox live users suffered damages exceeding five million, the truth is if they get any kind of settlement, the "many others" (like myself) won't see daylight of it. Plus it would work out better if the plaintiffs would work a deal out seeing that the kids care about the "others on Xbox Live" This deal could be as simple as telling Microsoft to swallow for once and actually ship out NEW and LONG LASTING 360's to everyone that has had problems. Atleast that would show that the plaintiffs do care about all the other xbox live gamers, and not just themselves. Will it happen, my guess is no, but then again maybe.

Who knows. I have seen Microsoft make Cliffy B. look like a liar over a promise they made to him about XBL download content, I have witnessed first hand how Microsoft treats their customers, and I will never, and I mean NEVER forgive them for the shit they put Bungie and Epic and loyal Xbox owners through. I hope Cliffy B. and Jason Jones one day will make a crossover or a new game with combined efforts and puts it on a SONY or a NINTENDO system. I'm so sick of hearing Microsoft doesn't give their exclusive titles more time. Personally, I'm rather wait a few extra months and get everything the makers of the game want in their game, instead of hearing that Microsoft wouldn't let them, "didn't give them enough time." Maybe that's why I am using my PS3 to type this. Sony and Nintendo are more supportive of what people want. Learn from SONY and Nintendo, Microsoft. And as for "The Ori" over at Xbox360-hacks..... Don't you or any one you know (and i'm sure you do) ever became upset you couldn't play your favorite online game cause the servers were down? I am sure it's happened, and like all the people you game with day in, and day out, there is a "bond." From a certain type of clan bond to just a friend bond on-line. Take that away and boom. People miss their friends. Just chill out man. You run a site about "hacking" console systems, and like you stated in the recent post, you have a real job to do. So do it and be happy.

----------------------------------------------
    Also heres the link from seattlepi.com--> http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/d...ves/129866.asp
    Its interesting, even as you read this article, it sounds like the M$ rep has a sweating problem. lol

DisGruntledM$Guest is offline -Hacks Newbie

And just to clear things up , because I know I am sure to get flamed, I'm not a "fanboy" of any system. I PREFER the SONY PS3 because Their Guest Service relations are top notch, and It's a brand I've trusted as far back as I can remember. M$ on the other hand (ie: windows blue screen of death, or the screen of death on the original xbox, anyone?) just can't seem to flush out all the bugs before shipping what is supposed to be quality items to their customers. As for Nintendo's Wii console, it's fun and a blast to play, but honestly, their third party line-up sucks. I love the old NES and SNES still to this day(even though I never owned one) and I love the fact that Nintendo has the system geared toward the younger generation, and they want to have people more "interactive", but when your a middle-aged gamer and you want to play the games you used to play, only with updated eye candy and the such, it's rarely going to happen. I know over 5 people that have just ended up selling their Wii systems and downloading emu's for their pc, instead of paying the price to play old-school games on a new system.

I love all three systems, don't get me wrong, but when so many have problems with a system and they keep producing a new console almost every year to replace the old ones, it's crap. Why should "we" as customers/ guests in the retail world have to go out and buy a system that will most likely FAIL in hardware after a short period of time, then wait long periods of time just to get a "fixed" one back, and just to have it break down again? I don't know about everyone out there, but personally, I'd rather buy ONE system, let it last as long as it should, and then when the new gen of systems is released, wait for them to flush out any bugs, and THEN buy a new system.