Thread: flash memory idea

sirganon is offline -Hacks Smarty

i just had an idea and i have no idea if this would be possible in any way but here i goes. i was wondering if it would be possible to take the flash memory from a psp slim/lite and put it in a psp fat to give it double the amount of space. or if that is possible then we could maybe find the same chip (or whatever the flash memory is) and purchase those individually so we wouldnt have to ruin slims/lites for the sake of a fat. i have no idea what it would require to upgrade the flash memory or if such a thing is even possible. if it is possible its probably a job for the guys at acidmods.

thinking about it a little more, upgrading the flash isnt really necessary as of now since we can now recompress prx files and rcos, but we could get things like the skype program on the fats. so who knows

any thoughts, ideas, information?

╔╗╔╗╔╗┬╔╗
    ╚╗║║║║╪╠╗
    ╚╝╚╝╚╝┴╚╝

mattrey94 is offline -Hacks Hacker

no, no, no. not gonna happen. what it would take to do this you might as well buy a Slim. I always thought of doing this.

oh ok, well it was just a thought.

another thing i just thought of would be to take another ms port and mod the psp so you can sandwich this new port next to the original, then add a switch so you can choose which ms you wanna use at that time. i have a 4gb ms but i also have smaller ones that i dont use just because its not that convenient. this would make it much more convenient and give you more space to hold more games, video...whatever. this one is definitely possible.
    ╔╗╔╗╔╗┬╔╗
    ╚╗║║║║╪╠╗
    ╚╝╚╝╚╝┴╚╝

mattrey94 is offline -Hacks Hacker

There's something similar. It not a mod thought. its an extensions. that combines 2 memsticks forgot where i saw it.

sk8mystery23 is offline -Hacks Ninja

you mean like.... putting two mem sticks into a converter and having a lil switch that allows you two change between them?

yea pretty much, just make it to where it will all be internal though, no extra bulges or anything on the psp, except the switch unless you can fit that somewhere like the umd slot

as of right now i have a 4gb that i use and a 2gb that i dont use cuz i dont want to have to carry it around with the possibility or losing or damaging it and i just dont want another thing in my pocket, but i also dont want it to go to waste ya know. would be nice to carry 6gb of info instead of just 2 or just 4. or get two 8gb sticks and you have yourself 16gigs to play with

heres just a quick sketch of how i think you could get this to work
    based on the information i found here: http://www.technick.net/public/code/...memorystick_10

Code:
    Memory Stick - Memory Stick Pro - 10 pin connector

Pin  Signal        Direction   Description
    1	VSS (Ground)	 	 
    2	BS	        IN	      Bus State. Indicates the Bus State (0-3) on the SDIO and the timing to start signal transfer.
    3	DATA1	     IN/OUT      Data
    4	SDIO/DATA0    IN/OUT	  Serial Data In-Out / Data. Transfer direction and types of data change depending on the Bus State.
    5	DATA2	     IN/OUT      Data
    6	INS	       OUT	 
    7	DATA3	     IN/OUT      Data
    8	SCLK	      IN	      Serial CLocK. A host product outputs signals on BS and SDIO af failing edge and inputs (latches) at rising edge.
                                   SCLK is always output during BS1-BS3.
    9	VCC	 	 
    10   VSS (Ground)	 	 

Note: both Pin 1 and Pin 10 shall be connected to VSS (Ground).

i would say connect 1A, 10A, 1B and 2B together. then do 2A to 2B, 3A to 3B and so on for 1-8 and 10. then connect 9A to one lead of the switch and 9B to the other side with the positive voltage (VCC) to the center lead. you are pretty much just switching which ms has power going to it.
    of course the wires will goto the ms ports and not directly to the bare leads on the ms

this is just a quick idea of how i think it would work.
    ╔╗╔╗╔╗┬╔╗
    ╚╗║║║║╪╠╗
    ╚╝╚╝╚╝┴╚╝