Thread: GoMessenger Information ( Skype type app for fat PSP's )

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Coming Soon :

http://gomessenger.bt.com/sony/client/download.jsp

Once you have installed 3.90 M33 FW - Fake your region to europe via the recovery menu and you will get
    a new icon on your XMB ( Go Messenger ) Clicking this will redirect you to this webpage ( See Above link ) .... Goto the FAQ section of the webpage for more info .... this will work on both the slim and the fattys :twothumbs:

Mirror link : http://gomessenger.software.eu.plays...om/pc/faq.html

Also going to this page (see link below ) seems to give you the the login box
    http://gomessenger.bt.com/ but you will get a 401 Error if you attempt to login

Here is the official statement:

London, 30th January 2008 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced the immediate availability of the latest system software update for PSP™(PlayStation®Portable). London, 30th January 2008 - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced the immediate availability of the latest system software update for PSP ™ (PlayStation ® Portable). Version 3.90 will enable all owners of the new PSP Slim & Lite*(PSP 2000 series) to make and receive phone calls, adding a whole new raft of functionality, highlighting the true portability of PSP. Version 3.90 will enable all owners of the new PSP Slim & Lite * (PSP 2000 series) to make and receive phone calls, adding a whole new raft of functionality, highlighting the true portability of PSP.
    Skype™ is a simple to use piece of software that allows users to make free calls over the internet to other Skype users, anywhere in the world, whilst also having the ability to make paid for calls to traditional landline and mobile phones. Skype ™ is a simple to use piece of software that allows users to make free calls over the Internet to other Skype users, anywhere in the world, whilst also having the ability to make paid for calls to traditional landline and mobile phones. With the addition of these functions, alongside the ability to send and receive voicemail to over 200 million Skype users worldwide, PSP can now claim to be a highly cost effective and accessible portable communications device, alongside its entertainment credentials. With the addition of these functions, alongside the ability to send and receive voice mail to over 200 million Skype users worldwide, PSP can now claim to be a highly cost effective and accessible portable communications device, alongside its entertainment credentials.
    To use Skype on PSP, users simply need to upgrade to system software 3.90, register and talk, using a headset and remote control. To use Skype on PSP, users simply need to upgrade to system software 3.90, register and talk, using a headset and remote control.
    Also added through system software update 3.90, is the Go!Messenger icon, highlighting the commitment shown towards communications on PSP**. Also added through system software update 3.90, is the Go IM icon, highlighting the commitment shown towards communications on PSP **. Go!Messenger, with the ability for video and voice chat, as well as numerous other features will be available at the end of February, and the presence of the icon not only emphasises its impending arrival but also allows users to obtain more information about the feature from a dedicated website, accessed via clicking on the icon. Go IM, with the ability for video and voice chat, as well as numerous other features will be available at the end of February, and the presence of the icon not only emphasises its impending arrival but also allows users to obtain more information about the feature from a dedicated website, accessed via clicking on the icon. More information about the release of Go!Messenger will be announced soon. More information about the release of Go IM will be announced soon.
    *The Skype functionality is only available for the PSP Slim & Lite (PSP 2000 series) and not older versions of PSP (PSP 1000 series) * The Skype functionality is only available for the PSP Slim & Lite (PSP 2000 series) and not older versions of PSP (PSP 1000 series)
    ** Go! ** Go! Messenger functionality will be available with all models of PSP (PSP 2000 and PSP 1000 series) Messenger functionality will be available with all models of PSP (2000 1000)
    And a youtube vid with more info :

Haxxor is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Its pointless right now, you'll only be able to use it with random ass people from the UK and shit..or with other people that have 3.90 M33

coaxes fellow dashhackers to follow

Sinistar is offline -Hacks Newbie

OK I have 3.90 M33 installed, and I changed to Europe region.. Then on XMB went to Network > GO!Messenger, and it said the software was not installed, and it took me to the website and it said "coming soon"... So I guess the software isn't out yet, but it's supposedly working since it's on the XMB...Anyone else get it working?

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Its still not a Skype replacement. I have a lot of people on Skype who I cant reach otherwise. It's Sony's stupid idea to try and "compensate" for us Phat users

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

@ Sinistar ... no it has not been released yet .... Keep checking the GO Messenger link on your XMB ( I Don't know the release date )

Quote Originally Posted by nedthehead
    Its still not a Skype replacement. I have a lot of people on Skype who I cant reach otherwise. It's Sony's stupid idea to try and "compensate" for us Phat users
    I'm lucky enuff to have a slim and a fat so it's not an issue for me but i think this is the best you are going to get as a Skype alternative for fat only users ( besides Furikup ) unless someone can make a Skype homebrew that uses less RAM

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistar
    OK I have 3.90 M33 installed, and I changed to Europe region.. Then on XMB went to Network > GO!Messenger, and it said the software was not installed, and it took me to the website and it said "coming soon"... So I guess the software isn't out yet, but it's supposedly working since it's on the XMB...Anyone else get it working?
    The icon is just a placeholder. It will really be bought into effect on 4.00

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Sinistar is offline -Hacks Newbie

My question is.. If Go messenger has the same functionality of Skype (audio/video chat), why can't they get just get Skype working?

E-liminator is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

My question is.. If Go messenger has the same functionality of Skype (audio/video chat), why can't they get just get Skype working?

Quote Originally Posted by E-liminator
    I Don't think Skype on the PSP Supports Video ( Yet ) Maybe in the future

PSP Skype does support talking to people on PC ... Go Messenger probably will not

If you want to talk to your friend who already has a PSP and the mic and cam then Go Messenger does look the better option
    but if you want to talk to people on PC from your PSP then Skype is awesome