Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I get a new Slim to Hack??

suck192 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have a phat. 3.9m33

1 battery that came with it. Not pandora-ized.

I see the advertising for the new unit says faster load times, etc...for the slim. I will prolly never use Skype.

Will games ever perform better? Frame rates? I hear oblivion is coming.

Thanks.

lewanuva is offline -Hacks Veteran

the slim is no faster than running isos off your memory stick

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

The Slim just brings Skype, the TV output, and faster UMD loading. When it comes to the homebrew aspect, it's no greater than the Phat PSP.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

suck192 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks for the reponses. Maybe I'll save my money for now, based on your input. I really do appreciate it.

fella is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I picked one up yesterday. At first, I was pretty bummed, as the Slims feel soooooooooooooooooooooooo much cheaper than the phats (feels like it dropped 20 pounds). Just seemed like a ripoff - or a downgrade. However, after using it for a day - I love it. My opinion has completely changed to be honest. Yeah, still feels kinda cheap, but it feels more like a gaming device should I guess. The load times are better. Haven't had a chance to try out the video output, as you have to buy one of their silly cables:) Skype is pretty cool, however.

kapten is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fella
    I picked one up yesterday. At first, I was pretty bummed, as the Slims feel soooooooooooooooooooooooo much cheaper than the phats (feels like it dropped 20 pounds). Just seemed like a ripoff - or a downgrade. However, after using it for a day - I love it. My opinion has completely changed to be honest. Yeah, still feels kinda cheap, but it feels more like a gaming device should I guess. The load times are better. Haven't had a chance to try out the video output, as you have to buy one of their silly cables:) Skype is pretty cool, however.
    That is exactly how I feel! :mrgreenthumbsup: Picked mine up a couple of days ago.
    But now it's kind of nice that it is "Lite" when you have it as a music player in you jacket

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Idiots... Lighter is better last I checked, plus 200% life via old Extended Battery. And if you're thinking cheaper- look at the price and the features.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!

kinggargantuan is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Skv0ra
    Idiots... Lighter is better last I checked, plus 200% life via old Extended Battery. And if you're thinking cheaper- look at the price and the features.
    200% live via old extended battery? So you're saying you can get 200% more life on a Slim by using an old Extended Battery?

Searingflesh is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

The fat PSP is still on top for me.

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

yea i ditched my phat for my slim
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast