Thread: PSProblem :(

Inf
    Inf is offline -Hacks Newbie

I use my PSP as a mp3 player while biking/running and today it was particularly rainy. (using 3.40 OEA)

While running the psp got slightly wet, but it seemed to develop a fault :( The volume keys don't change volume (occasionally they change the brightness) and some buttons switch it between mute and full volume.

Could the rain have caused this? or the impact front running? it seems to be ok one minute and playing up the next...

or is it possible that its some kind of software problem? (its not the first time it's got wet) :S

thoughts? ty

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

I would try to let it dry out a bit more before you mess with it again and take the battery out ... leave it for a few days in a warm room

DVC
    DVC is offline -Hacks Newbie

It's probably a combination of both the constant shock and the damp. You really use it as an mp3 player while running? No offense, but that's pretty stupid. It's logical to think something so delicate could easily malfunction due to constant shock and vibration, and it's not like dedicated MP3 players aren't cheap, either.

Personally, I'd take the console apart and leave it to dry out for a few days. Perhaps check the contacts and clean them up a little bit.

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Im to old to run with my PSP ..... but if you insist on running and listening to music i would pick up a cheap MP3 player or try power walking :mrgreen:

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

wow psp weights like a pound.. how can i possibly run with a brick...
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

Inf

I know it's stupid to run with it, but it's an mp3 player so why not use it?

i've used it for hours and hours and no problems till now :(

and it's not too heavy to run with.... unless you are a woman or a homosexual ;)

Searingflesh is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Why the hell did you run outside with an electronic gadget if you knew it was raining?

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

sounds like u will need new home/select/start/etc bar/circuit

Inf

Quote Originally Posted by Searingflesh
    Why the hell did you run outside with an electronic gadget if you knew it was raining?
    it wasnt raining at first ;)

tbh i only use it for MP3s and storage.... and it still does both of those things. ah well.