Thread: PSP Memory Capacity

RUMBLE is offline -Hacks Newbie

I've searched the forums, and the Internet for that matter but I can't seem to find an answer to this. I've heard rumors but can find no truth to any of them. So I figure I'll pick the brains of the community here.

Sony has, or is going to, release an 8gig stick. Will the PSP, Phat or Slim, be able to use this or are they still stuck in the 4gig range?

Searingflesh is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Where the hell have you been? 8gig sticks have been out for more than a year now.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

8 Gigs are able to be used (all 8), as long as you install DAX's patch for it..

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Searingflesh
    Where the hell have you been? 8gig sticks have been out for more than a year now.
    Living in a cave :) I haven't had my PSP's that long and am still trying to figure out what it can and can't do.

--edit--
    By DAX's patch, are you referring to the custom firmware he has released?

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

patch means somethin addon to the cfw released.. to fix bugs.. in this case, for psp that cant read 8 gig, patch will make it work
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

ZealCool is offline -Hacks Smarty

wow 16 gig will be soon ...here

http://kotaku.com/341376/sony-announ...-stick-for-psp

edit; out this march

That's what I thought you meant by 'patch'. Odd thing however, I never patched it, plugged in an 8gig stick and it worked. Which would leave me to believe that either Sony did something to the firmware or Dark Alex did. Either way, both my phatty's and slimmy can read the stick. Thanks to everyone who responded...

Now for something completely different...
    I wanted to install custom firmware on my slim. It took a while to find out what I needed to make this work. I already had a Pandora's batt from one of my phatty's, but needed the correct files for the magic mem stick. Well I went through the readme's, checked the forums, but the process wasn't working.

As it turns out, the Pandora's battery I had, wouldn't work with the magic mem stick I created. The stick I had was the one that convert's the phatty's to v1.50. But I found out that you could just convert them to v3.80 m33-5, which was cool as the whole reason I was doing this was to give my slim custom firmware. So I made a new mem stick, plugged in the stick, insert the battery and wait for the lights to flash. Trouble was, they weren't flashing. The power light came on and that was it. Going through the troubleshooting steps, I found out I had to remake my Pandora's battery. This wasn't a hardware modded batt, only a software modded bat. Once the batt was remade, the process worked fine. Hope this helps anyone who has had this problem

but2002 is offline -Hacks Veteran

The PSP will read an 8 gig stick no problem, but the patch makes it where it can USE all 8, currently, I'm sure the PSP can't read all 8, only the first four. Make sure of that

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

&#8747;or†e is offline -Hacks Newbie

Wow cool 16gig! I heard a long time ago, sony said they were going to make a 32gig, and someone had proof. But i dont remember.